Keep up the good work, Kamasi. The situation at Standing Rock Native American Reservation continues to worsen, as many who are there report the use of water cannons and chemical attacks on peaceful protesters during 25 degree weather. Musicians and celebrities have been rallying in support for Standing Rock, including rising superstar Kamasi Washington. Washington made his way to the North Dakota protest site, where he personally witnessed some of these inhumane attacks firsthand.Kamasi Washington posted the following to his Instagram to chronicle the events.
Property developer Sinar Mas Land, through PT Bumi Serpong Damai, has formed a partnership with Singapore-based Mitbana Pte Ltd to build transit-oriented developments (TODs) in BSD City, South Tangerang, Banten.Mitbana, established in March 2019, is a joint venture company of Mitsubishi Corporation from Japan and Surbana Jurong from Singapore.“With this commitment, Mitbana will become Sinar Mas Land’s largest development partner in BSD City, and we look forward to having our partnership bring even better value to our residents and becoming a model for TOD developments in Indonesia,” said Sinar Mas Land group chief executive officer Michael Widjaja.Mitbana will work with Sinar Mas Land to transform over 100 hectares of greenfield land in BSD City into TODs comprising residential units, commercial properties, living amenities and public transport nodes. This undertaking will enlarge BSD City’s existing development footprint and expand on its current population of 200,000 residents, Sinar Mas said in a statement. According to data from the Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM), Singapore was Indonesia’s top foreign investor in the first half of 2020, with a total of US$3.4 billion in realized investments comprising 5,348 projects. During the same period, Japan was the second-largest with investment of US$2.4 billion comprising 3,708 projects, the statement read.Mitbana CEO Gareth Wong said, “The future growth potential of TODs in Indonesia presents many scalable development opportunities for Mitbana, and we are very excited to make this first step toward realizing our vision of becoming a leading urban development fund that transforms communities through smart, sustainable and social development thrusts.”BSD City is Sinar Mas Land’s flagship town development that encompasses a total land area of approximately 6,000 hectares.Topics :
The Government is looking at decriminalising abortion and making it a health issue.The protestors say abortion means taking a life and should be treated as such. Hundreds of pro-life advocates take to Wellington’s streets in opposition of abortion reformStuff co.nz 8 December 2018 Several pro-life organisations have joined forces to ensure their voices are heard when it comes to the hot-button topic of abortion.Organised by five groups, the March for Life – touted as a counter-protest to this a similar pro-choice event earlier in the week – drew a large crowd to Wellington’s Te Ngākau Civic Square on Saturday.The several-hundred-strong crowd then marched through the central city to the grounds of Parliament to listen to a number of speeches by family advocates and National Party MPs, including Simon O’Connor and Alfred Ngaro.The march comes on the back of the Labour-led Government’s proposal to remove abortion from the Crimes Act, as well as a Law Commission report into the topic earlier this year.In October, the commission released its briefing paper examining alternatives to abortion law, following Justice Minister Andrew Little’s proposal to make abortion a health issue rather than a criminal one.READ MORE: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/109200149/hundreds-of-prolife-advocates-take-to-wellingtons-streets-in-opposition-of-abortion-reform Sir Bill English joins anti-abortion activists in march through WellingtonNewsHub 8 December 2018 Sir Bill English was among more than a thousand anti-abortion campaigners who marched through Wellington on Saturday afternoon.The former prime minister joined MPs and GPs to take over Wellington’s busiest shopping street as the debate over taking abortion out of the Crimes Act picks up steam.It’s the second year the March for Life has been held in Wellington – last year’s marked 40 years since the passing of the Act that allowed abortions to become more easily available. Organisers say this year the crowd was double the size.“We’ve had forty years of abortion, over 500,000 children have been legally aborted, and why aren’t we looking at that and talking about that and listening to people’s voices who’ve been affected?” asked protestor Kate Cormack.“It’s pretty exciting that people are interested and want to get out and come from all over New Zealand to be part of that.”READ MORE: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2018/12/sir-bill-english-joins-anti-abortion-activists-in-march-through-wellington.html Abortion protesters: ‘We will not be silent’Radio NZ News 8 December 2018A sea of banners and balloons covered Parliament grounds in Wellington at an anti-abortion rally this afternoon.About 1200 people, including former prime minister Sir Bill English, were at the rally.Justice Minister Andrew Little has previously said he wanted to decriminalise abortion and make it simpler to get one.Speakers at the rally, including National MPs Simon O’Connor and Alfred Ngaro, urged the crowd to work to oppose and defeat such changes.Mr O’Connor said people should stand up for what they believed in.“I hope with your voices, we will not be silent. We will always stand for life – a consistent ethic of life.“We will be proud, and we will never stop fighting.”READ MORE: https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/377829/abortion-protesters-we-will-not-be-silent Hundreds march to Parliament in rally against abortionTVNZ One News 8 December 2018Hundreds have marched to Parliament today in a rally against abortion.The ‘March for Life’ was protesting against a proposal to change abortion laws. Christian groups and politicians, Including former prime minister Sir Bill English, made up the crowd.https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/hundreds-march-parliament-in-rally-against-abortion
RelatedPosts Vidal lands in Milan to complete move from Barca to Inter Barca president Bartomeu says he won’t go to war anymore with Messi Messi wins court case against cycling company over logo Arturo Vidal is claiming €2.4 million in unpaid bonuses from Barcelona in a move that the Catalan club believe is an attempt to force a January exit, sources have told ESPN. Vidal’s lawyers filed a complaint to the Spanish Footballers’ Association (AFE) earlier in December, in which they alleged Barca have only paid the Chile international €1.7 million of the €4.1 million he is due in bonuses. Sources at the club told ESPN they were “surprised” by the demands being made by Vidal and his representatives, saying the player’s payments are in order and they think he is trying to engineer a move to Italian side Inter Milan next month. However, Barca remain reluctant to let Vidal leave in the middle of the season. Carles Alena has already been allowed to join Real Betis on loan until the end of the campaign, reducing the number of options available in midfield. The same sources said it would take an offer of around €20 million – similar to what Barca paid Bayern Munich for Vidal in 2018 – for the Blaugrana to even consider changing their stance. “I am not in charge of that, that’s what I have my agent and my lawyer for, to take care of bonuses and things like that,” Vidal told ADN at an event for former teammate Rodolfo Madrid in Chile on Friday when asked about the dispute. “It seems unfair to me that my claim is not being recognised, but it’s not an issue that has anything to do with why we’re here today.” Speaking in November, Vidal, who will turn 33 in May, said he would look to leave Barca in January if he was not playing regularly. He stormed out of training when he learned he would not start the Clasico against Real Madrid in December, but did start the next game, scoring his fifth goal of the season in the 4-1 win over Alaves before Christmas. Inter CEO Giuseppe Marotta has confirmed the Serie A leaders would be keen on signing Vidal, who previously played under the club’s coach, Antonio Conte, at Juventus. “I said when I arrived [in Chile] that I would speak about that issue when I am [in Spain],” Vidal added when asked about his future. “I am on holiday [until Jan. 2] and I just want to speak about what’s going on today.” ESPN also contacted Vidal’s agent Fernando Felicevich, but at the time of publication he had not responded to a request for comment.Tags: Arturo VidalCarles AlenaESPNFC BarcelonaReal Betis