Manoj & Madhuri built their home with Ownit Homes, with the focus on creating enough space so their daughters could stay at home as long as possible.They are often labelled “kidults” or “boomerang kids” – adult children who still live at home.But not all parents are so keen for their grown-up offspring to fly the nest.Manoj and Madhuri Vemula are bucking that “grow up and leave” mentality, and have moved in to their new, purpose-built home at Highvale in the Samford Valley.Constructed by Brisbane-based Ownit Homes, the six-bedroom house was designed to allow their two daughters, Mousami, 27, and Mounavi, 22, to stay under their wing as long as possible.“We want our girls to stay as long as they need to,” Ms Vemula, who works in the industrial relations sector, said.“In our culture (Indian), it is common for several generations to live under one roof.”The family recently made the move in to their dream home, leaving behind a four-bedroom house on a small block at Taigum.Their new home has six bedrooms, each with an ensuite, a large entertaining area and media room, a granny flat and two acres of land.Its completion marked the culmination of years of hard work, after the family moved from India 15 years ago in pursuit of the great Australian dream.“We saw Australia as offering so many more opportunities. This is our dream come true,” Mrs Vemula said.“The girls were growing up (Mousami, who works in human resources, recently married, and Mounavi is a doctor) and with real estate the way it is, we wanted to give them the best opportunity to succeed when they do move out.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus21 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market21 hours ago“I would have them at home forever if I could, and I would welcome any future grandchildren here.“It’s not unusual in our culture to have several generations under the same roof.“I lived with three generations. We look after each other.”But no one gets a “free ride” in the Vemula home. Rent and bills are paid, and chores are shared.Ownit Homes managing director Brad Ganim said his company was seeing an increase in people wanting an extra bedroom or space away from the main living areas.“Grandparents or extended family can live there or it can be used as a teen getaway,” he said.“People are recognising that the kids may be around longer and are building accordingly. We’ve seen it grow in popularity over the past few years.”In October last year, Bold Living director Brett Boulton said the modern family had come full circle, with many grandparents now sharing a home with their children and grandchildren.“This new-age family co-living is making housing more affordable for the younger generation and is attractive to grandparents who get to spend more time with their kids and grandkids and have room to park the caravan when they’re not travelling,” he said at the time.
Greek shipping magnate and owner of football clubs Olympiacos and Nottingham Forest Evangelos Marinakis has tested positive for the coronavirus.“Mr. Marinakis was diagnosed after showing the first symptoms on his return to Greece yesterday afternoon. During his short stay in Nottingham last week he did not show any symptoms of the virus,” Nottingham Forest Club said in a statement on March 10.“The club are seeking advice from medical professionals and the relevant governing bodies to ensure the correct measures are taken.”Marinakis confirmed the information on his Instagram account.“The recent virus has ‘visited’ me and I felt obliged to let the public know,” he said. “I feel good as I take all the necessary measures and I discipline to the doctor’s instructions.”Following the announcement, it has been confirmed that all of the Olympiacos players and staff tested negative for CoOVID-19.Marinakis joins another prominent figure from the maritime world to be diagnosed with the virus, namely the head of the Port fo New York and New Jersey Rick Cotton.“Mr. Cotton is currently asymptomatic and has self-quarantined at his home while maintaining a full schedule. Any staff members who have had close contact with him in recent days are also working from home as they follow the guidelines and protocols put in place by the New York State Department of Health,” the port authority informed earlier this week.
Mercedes wednesday said Lewis Hamilton is “likely” to suffer a grid penalty for using too many engine parts at this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix.The team say they will know for certain today, but a decision to take the extra engine parts Hamilton needs would mean a drop of at least 20 grid places. A series of failures early in the season meant that Hamilton used up more engine components than planned.He heads into the race 19 championship points ahead of team-mate Nico Rosberg.Six wins in the past seven races for Hamilton have turned around what had been a 43-point advantage for the German after the first four races of the season.A spokesman said the team were still working through the requirements and consequences related to any decision to take the penalty in Belgium.The other option is to wait until the Italian Grand Prix the following weekend.Drivers are allowed to use a maximum of five of each of the six parts of an engine before a grid penalty is incurred.Hamilton has already used the maximum permitted five items of two elements of the complicated turbo hybrid engine – the turbocharger and the MGU-H, the electric motor that recovers energy from the turbo.Teams are given a 10-place grid penalty each time they use a sixth example of any component, so using one new of each of these means a 20-place grid penalty for Hamilton.There are only 22 cars on the grid and a driver can only go to the back no matter how many theoretical grid penalties he suffers for using additional engine components.So Mercedes may choose to take two new examples of each of these parts to bring them into line with the number of the other parts of the engine he has used.Hamilton has so far used three each of the internal combustion engine, MGU-K, energy store and control electronics.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisALPENA, Mich. — Michigan school districts are about to replace 300 older diesel buses with newer models powered by clean diesel and propane engines. This was made possible by grants awarded by the state’s Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy. Also known as E.G.L.E., their fuel transportation program has awarded more than $8.7 million in grants for Michigan schools.Iosco Regional Education Service Agency received over $759,000, the third most amount of money given to a school district. This will provide 11 clean diesel and 13 propane buses for schools including: Alcona, Oscoda, West Branch, Alpena, and Hillman among others. Nick Assendelft works in public information for E.G.L.E., and he said that these new buses will lessen harmful effects on the environment, as well as children’s health.“These are going to be a cleaner running vehicle, same with propane. It’s going to be a cleaner running vehicle,” he said. “It’s also going to be healthier for everybody who is on the school bus routes. Homes along the routes, homes in the neighborhood, or even the communities that the buses are going through.”These new vehicles will provide a cleaner ride by reducing the emissions produced. “The new diesel engines are looking to reduce some of the emissions that you get from burning diesel fuel, such as oxide and nitrogen, but also green house gasses and particulate matter,” said Assendelft.In total, these new buses will operate in 36 counties.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis Tags: EGLEContinue ReadingPrevious Presque Isle Township Hall runs out of Democratic ballotsNext Democratic primary results in Northeast Michigan