Gasbuddy: Pump prices slowly trickle downward in Indiana Pinterest Google+ Facebook Previous articleFlorida man arrested in LaGrange County after allegedly biting officerNext articleSouth Bend Mayor James Mueller got married this weekend Network Indiana By Network Indiana – September 28, 2020 0 267 IndianaLocalNews WhatsApp (“Gas Pump” by Mike Mozart, CC BY 2.0) Barring any unforeseen circumstances, gas prices will keep going down. GasBuddy says prices will likely get below $2 per gallon soon.There was a small increase in prices last week. Some stations went from below $2 to $2.15. That won’t be the case this week.“Higher oil prices caused most states to see gas prices inch higher, with the national average rising ever so slightly in the last week, breaking its three week streak of declines,” says Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy. “We should slip back under $2 later this week, so long as there is no large jump in the price of oil, which sits at about $40 per barrel (as of Monday morning).”The drag on gasoline demand has been fueled by the coronavirus.“That drag will continue until there is some sort of improvement. I really only think, at this point, improvement can be delivered by some sort of vaccine,” says DeHaan. “Even then a vaccine may not be the Holy Grail. Schools are going to be out of session for months, if not the rest of the year already. We may not get back to ‘normal’ for months.”Trilby Lundberg, oil and gas analyst for the Lundberg Survey, agreed with DeHaan.“We still have very abundant gasoline supply. We have demand being hit awfully hard. It’s not only a seasonal decline this time of year. We also have a very weak economy with unemployment claims up,” says Lundberg.DeHaan has said several times that hurricanes can cause an increase in gas prices throughout the country, but right now there does not appear to be a serious hurricane on the horizon.“At least for now, the tropics are quiet. Nothing is on the map. Things have cooled off, but keep in mind that hurricane season goes for another two months. That remains on the radar,” says DeHaan.The temperature also has a lot to do with lower demand as well.“As we get into the cooler and coldest months, we have more potential to go deeper into the $1 per gallon territory. You’ll see more of those sub-$2 prices pop up the cooler the temperatures get,” says DeHaan. “Right now, the longer you wait to fill up, the more likely you are to save a few cents.” Facebook WhatsApp Pinterest Twitter Google+ Twitter
According to Il Giornale newspaper, Lazio are taking various extra steps to ensure their squad is fighting fit, including ‘recovery boots’ – air compression sheaths for the legs to help circulation.Advertisement Read Also: Barcelona stars snub idea of hotel isolation for football returnThe FIGC (Italian Football Federation) has drawn up a protocol with medics and specialists on how clubs can resume training and playing in safety, as the coronavirus pandemic is still very much a present threat.This includes keeping players to their own rooms, changing with no more than three in a room to maintain social distancing, drinking from only their own bottles of water and regularly sanitising the shared team areas.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… There are also slightly more old-school techniques to boost health and the immune system too, including a gram of vitamin C and D per day, a micro-dose of aspirin, a daily diet of garlic and chocolate. The newspaper writes this is because garlic keeps the blood pressure low and acts as a natural antibacterial agent and bronchodilator. More pleasant for the players will be the inclusion of chocolate, as it is a mild stimulant and “has mental health benefits during a moment where it is easy to fall into pessimism.” Lazio are said to be preparing a concoction of home remedies to help strengthen their players after the shutdown, including garlic, vitamins and chocolate. Plans are in motion to get Serie A to resume training from May 4, with an idea to play again by May 27-31, starting with the Coppa Italia semi-finals. Promoted Content18 Cities With Neverending Tourist-Flow9 Movie Scenes That Got Re-Shot And Saved The Whole Movie8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits EarthWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouLaugh, Cry, Or Just Relax With The Best Series Streaming On HBO7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black Holes5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Theories About The Death Of Our UniverseYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeBest Car Manufacturers In The World
Lambert was also fuming when a penalty appeal was turned down, prompting angry scenes between the two managers. Villa’s manager insisted such feisty altercations are part and parcel of the game but claims both men laughed off the incident. “Do you know what, there was nothing in that at all,” he said. “We had a laugh and a joke about it afterwards. It was nothing serious. There was nothing in that, people made a lot of it in the way they portrayed it. We had a laugh and a joke as you normally do in football. “Nobody is there to be Mr Nice but it never transferred into any heated thing. I saw him after the game and it was totally fine. I’m pretty sure it will be the same this time.” Ahead of Saturday’s tea-time Barclays Premier League clash with the leaders, Lambert added: “I had a drink with Jose after the match. There was never any (issue). “I think people tried to make something out of it that was never there.” Villa will be without on-loan left-back Ryan Bertrand when they face his parent club. The 24-year-old’s ineligibility opens the door to Joe Bennett or Antonio Luna, who are competing for his spot in Paul Lambert’s XI. Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert insists there is no grudge between himself and Chelsea counterpart Jose Mourinho following their touchline spat earlier this season. Fernando Torres could be included in Chelsea’s squad as his groin injury was not as bad as was first feared. The striker withdrew from the starting Iine-up following the warm-up prior to the 4-0 defeat of Tottenham, but could play at Villa Park or be saved for next Tuesday’s Champions League contest with Galatasaray. Defenders David Luiz (groin) and Ashley Cole (knee) remain out. Mourinho believes Chelsea are ahead of schedule in challenging for the Premier League title this term, but still believes the destination of the trophy is out of their hands. The Blues could go 10 points clear of Arsenal and Liverpool, who enter the weekend in joint-second place and each play on Sunday, with victory at Aston Villa on Saturday but Mourinho maintains the table is not accurate. Manchester City, who are nine points adrift with three games in hand, are Mourinho’s title favourites and Chelsea hope to keep their composure entering the remaining nine games, beginning at Villa Park. “The team is motivated and the team is strong and the team has a good mentality and a good spirit, but not because of the table,” Mourinho said. “They know the table is fake. What they also know is that every match we have to try to win, every match we have to try to improve. “We have clear objectives for next season. If we can do it this season, we don’t say no. “We are very calm, we are very relaxed. I think that’s important.” Mourinho would not be drawn on how many points Chelsea, who have 66 after 29 games, would need to win the Premier League. “I don’t want to think about it,” he said. “Tomorrow we have a match, a very difficult one. Three points would be fabulous. “One point is not a bad result at Villa Park. Zero points would be a negative result. “After Villa comes Arsenal (on March 22) for the Premier League and we go match by match.” Lambert goes toe-to-toe with Mourinho again this weekend reminded of their confrontation at Stamford Bridge at the start of the campaign. The Scot was infuriated when Blues defender Branislav Ivanovic escaped a red card for an alleged elbow on Christian Benteke before going on to score the winner in a 2-1 defeat for Villa. Press Association
The Undergraduate Student Government senate voted Tuesday to change the policy for granting Latin honors to graduating transfer students.Deliberation · Undergraduate Student Government senators debate resolutions Tuesday night. The senate passed resolutions relating to transfer students’ GPA’s and a student representative on the tuition board. – Chris Pham | Daily TrojanThe policy calls for the administration to eliminate the practice of calculating grade point averages from other universities when considering a student for Latin honors.The three levels of Latin honors are cum laude, magna cum laude and summa cum laude. The honors are given to students with at least a 3.5 GPA or higher. They are awarded to a senior at graduation.To determine if a student has met the requirements for this senior distinction, both their residence work and transfer work from the previous college are considered. Currently, the university uses the lower GPA to award the Latin honor.the assistant director of academic affairs Michael Yoshimura believes that this resolution will not harm the transfer student population.“It can only positively affect a student because the [current] policy only takes the lower one,” Yoshimura said. “By taking the USC one it won’t affect them and it will positively affect their GPA.”Transfer students make up 29 percent of the undergraduate student population. Of the 17,500 undergraduate students, 6,640 of those are transfer students from other colleges. The average transfer GPA is 3.6 in 2012.According to the university’s guidelines on admitting transfer students, the rigor of the student’s previous college or university is considered. The administration does not consider the student’s previous grade point average after they are admitted into the university. It is only later used for the purposes of determining which seniors receive Latin honors.Residential senator Sarah Loh views this new policy as a way to equalize the system for all students. Loh co-authored the resolution along with Yoshimura.“It’s kind of like leveling the playing field,” Loh said. “The whole student body population benefits because this is the school you’re graduating from and the caliber of work here is the same.”According to the U.S. News and World Report college rankings, 16 of the top 25 universities grant Latin honors to graduating seniors. Eleven of those universities, including Harvard, Yale and UCLA, only consider the residence coursework of their students when determining which Latin honors a student should receive. Yoshimura and Loh felt that the university should follow the same policy.Loh believes the transfer student population will respond positively to the change in policy if adopted by the administration.“It doesn’t negatively affect them and it’s a way that they can be compared to their classmates without using a GPA that is not irrelevant,” Loh said. “I don’t foresee any negative responses.”Some students viewed a change in the policy as disadvantageous to students who had strong grades in their previous college coursework.“Personally I wouldn’t want them to get rid of it,” said Joy Ohiomoba, a freshman majoring in global health. “It’s a gamble because it puts [transfer students] at a disadvantage because they could get a lower honor. I like the idea of the administration factoring other coursework in.”Some students felt the policy change was a matter of bringing more uniformity to the way the administration determines undergraduate honors.“If you come from an easier or harder school, either way it’s detrimental and unfair,” said Victoria McSweeney, a freshman majoring in broadcast and digital journalism. “They should change the policy no matter what because you’re going to USC so it should be your USC GPA that is being considered, not your GPA from another school.”Senators also updated a resolution that added a student representative on the tuition board. The student representative would serve to better understand how the administration determines tuition prices.
barcelonafootballla ligalionel messi First Published: September 25, 2019, 10:11 PM IST Madrid: Lionel Messi has sustained a strain in his left thigh, Barcelona confirmed on Wednesday.Messi was substituted at half-time of Barca’s 2-1 win over Villarreal on Tuesday in what was the striker’s first start of the season. He had previously been out with a calf injury sustained on August 5 and Barcelona have not indicated when they expect their captain to return from his latest setback.”First team player Leo Messi has a strain in the adductor of his left thigh,” a club statement read. “He is out and his recovery will dictate his availability.”Messi is expected to miss his team’s visit to Getafe in La Liga on Saturday.Barcelona then play at home to Inter Milan in the Champions League next Wednesday before hosting Sevilla in the league four days later.They will hope to have the 32-year-old back as soon as possible, particularly after a rocky opening to the season that has included only three wins from seven matches in all competitions.After recovering from his calf problem, Messi made substitute appearances against Borussia Dortmund and Granada before being deemed ready to start against Villarreal.He set up the opening goal, providing the cross for Antoine Griezmann to head in after six minutes. Despite Messi going off at the interval, Barca secured a comfortable 2-1 victory at Camp Nou. Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time.