Tag: 南京品茶论坛

I am not leaving Tottenham, says Wanyama

first_img0Shares0000Victor Wanyama made Tottenham return against Swansea. Photo/COURTESYNAIROBI, Kenya, May 24- Harambee Stars captain and Tottenham Hotspur midfield maestro Victor Wanyama has dismissed reports that he might be thinking of leaving the club, saying he is happy in North London and is not departing anytime soon.There have been silent murmurs that the Wanyama is being courted by several clubs, but Wanyama who has three years to run on his Spurs contract has treated all those as rumors. “Rumors are just rumors. There’s no offer from anyone and I am very happy at Spurs. I have not even thought about leaving,” affirmed Wanyama.The midfielder joined Tottenham at the beginning of the 2016/2017 season for Sh1.5bn (£11mn) from Southampton.Meanwhile, despite missing close to four months of action due to injury, Wanyama says he still counts it a successful season and will be hoping for better tidings in the new campaign.Victor Wanyama. Photo/COURTESYWanyama had a paltry 24 appearances for Spurs across all competitions in the 2017/2018 season having missed a huge chunk of action after aggravating a knee injury picked up during pre-season.“It was perhaps the toughest time of my career because I have never been out for so long. But on the positive, it has helped me learn a lot and I am happy that I overcome and I at least came back to play a few matches. It could have been worse,” Wanyama said.Spurs weren’t as compact as they were last season but the North London club still managed to finish at third spot, securing a UEFA Champions League spot for next season on top of reaching the FA Cup semi-final.The Kenyan skipper has heaped praise on his Spurs team-mates for their grit and fight and is hopeful in the new campaign they will be in a position to challenge for trophies to spice up their performance on the pitch.“I can say the season has been successful because we have played all 38 games away from home and it is never easy. I am proud of the team and how we played and I am also proud of myself for coming back stronger. Hopefully next season we do well,” Wanyama noted.He added; “We also had some good performance in the Champions League and the target next year is to improve and go further.”-Back to White Hart Lane-Victor Wanyama wheels away in celebrating his goal against Liverpool on February 4, 2018.Spurs will have the prestige of going back to their home ground at the White Hart Lane which had been closed for expansion, thus forcing them to play their home games at the Wembley Stadium.Perhaps what was Wanyama’s biggest moment was when he unleashed a ferocious shot infront of the Kop End beating Loris Karius as Spurs played to a 2-2 draw with Liverpool in a league fixture.Wanyama had just come on as a substitute with his side 1-0 down from a Mo Salah goal but barely 60 seconds on the pitch, the midfielder picked the ball from 20 yards out and rifled it into the top right corner.The goal was voted as the Spurs goal of the season.Wanyama cracker“That was my first game after injury and I had just come in. I saw the ball ahead of me and I just decided to let it fly and it ended up in the net. It was a good goal and I was happy scoring especially against Liverpool infront of their fans,” Wanyama noted.He joked that nonetheless, his goal against Barcelona in the Champions League with Celtic remains his best ever.“That was my best ever. The Liverpool one was good, but against Barcelona, we didn’t have the ball at all. When it came, I scored!” joked the midfielder.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

CWG scam: Mauritius-based firm under CBI scanner

first_imgCBI is likely to investigate the role of a Mauritius-based company for alleged irregularities in executing over Rs 70 crore contracts for providing consultancy for Commonwealth Games-related works after receiving a reference from Sports Ministry in this regard.Acting on PMO recommendation, the Sports Ministry has sent a letter to CBI to probe the antecedents, flow of funds and works carried out by Event Knowledge Services (EKS), an international private consultant, for alleged wrongdoings.EKS was given three contracts of over Rs 70 crore by the Games Organising Committee to extend consultancy services for the venue development and management, games workforce, and games planning and project management services.”A reference has been received from the Sports Ministry and a preliminary enquiry into the matter is on,” a CBI official said.Taking a serious view of the Shunglu Committee’s findings, the PMO had suggested to Sports Ministry a probe by CBI and Enforcement Directorate.It has directed “expeditious action” on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s order in the matter and sought the reply of Sports Ministry within a month on the fifth report of the high-level committee appointed by him.”We will also be sending a reference to ED to probe alleged violation of foreign exchange acts and money laundering,” a Sports Ministry official said. The Committee in its report estimated financial loss of over Rs 18 crore to the Government due to alleged irregularities in granting workforce contract.On October 25, 2010 the Prime Minister had appointed the high level committee under the chairmanship of former Comptroller and Auditor General V K Shunglu to investigate and report all irregularities in executing various projects by several government agencies during the Games held in New Delhi between October 3-14, 2010.advertisementThe committee, in its report submitted to the PMO on March 28, found several discrepancies in the projects executed by the company and “collusion” among sacked jailed OC Chief Suresh Kalmadi, Chief Executive Officer of CWG Federation Mike Hooper and other senior functionaries of the Games body.Interestingly, the Games Planning and Project Management Contract permitted EKS to assign the same to a sister concern. EKS incorporated a new company in November, 2008 in Mauritius by the name Event Knowledge Services Pvt Ltd.The entire contract was assigned to the new company in June 2009, thus, making a mockery of Quality Based Selection System (QBS), the report said.”This is a fit case for reference to the CBI and the ED. They would have to investigate the ownership of EKS Private Limited, Mauritius and trace the flow of funds from the OC to EKS private limited and onwards to other recipients. The aspects of fraud involved in this case would also need to be investigated and suitable criminal action taken against the guilty,” it said.The committee has scrutinised projects like sponsorship, ticketing, overlays, ceremonies, technology contracts and catering among others executed by the OC.Besides Kalmadi,former OC Secretary General Lalit Bhanot, Director General V K Verma, Deputy Director General -Procurement Surjeet Lal and Joint Director General-Sports A S V Prasad among others are in Tihar jail for their alleged involvement in the CWG scam.- With PTI inputslast_img read more

Hamstring injury sidelines San Miguel’s Alex Cabagnot

first_imgPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town “It was a good response by the team, but we’re just at 1-1 so we shouldn’t celebrate,” said Cabagnot. “We should be as level headed as possible because the season is far from over and the conference has just started.”“We have to work hard and do the things we need to do.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Despite herculean effort, Moala Tautuaa knows he needs to work harder to stay course ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes LATEST STORIES SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MANILA, Philippines—San Miguel point guard Alex Cabagnot is out indefinitely after suffering a hamstring injury in the Beermen’s previous game in the PBA Philippine Cup against Columbian.Cabagnot said on Sunday that his left hamstring has been bothering him for a couple of weeks and it only got worse in the Beermen’s 124-118 loss to the Dyip on Friday.ADVERTISEMENT “I hurt my hamstring last game when I dove on the floor but we were trying to catch up so you have to try anything to win the game,” said Cabagnot after the Beermen’s recent 99-91 win over Barangay Ginebra at Smart Araneta Coliseum.“Whatever happens I just did what I had to do and the worst consequence was I hurt my hamstring and that has been bothering me for the past two weeks, hopefully and God willing I’ll be back soon.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsCabagnot sat out the game against the Gin Kings in what he described as a great bounce back win for the Beermen.The 36-year-old Cabagnot didn’t sit with the team on the bench and instead joined the team officials a little further up behind the Beermen to better get a view of the action. US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants MOST READ PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town View commentslast_img read more