Help by sharing this information Organisation News April 7, 2011 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Zine Cherfaoui denied entry to Damascus RSF_en Zine Cherfaoui, an Algerian journalist working for the daily El-Watan who wanted to cover the demonstrations in Syria, was denied entry on arriving at Damascus international airport. He spent three days at the airport before the Syrian authorities finally got him to leave on 10 April.
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Recharge:Offshore wind came in at a new UK record low of £39.65/MWh ($48.8/MWh) as it dominated contract-for-difference (CfD) awards for 6GW of renewable energy.Developments awarded 15-year deals under the latest CfD round include three 1.2GW projects at Dogger Bank developed by Equinor and SSE, and Innogy’s 1.4GW Sofia development, all off England, plus 454MW at the Seagreen project off Scotland.The low rate, at 2012 prices, marks a 30% reduction on offshore wind power costs seen at the last CfD round in 2017 when the lowest rate seen was £57.50.The UK government said the total of 12 new projects – six offshore wind, four remote island wind and two bioenergy – will power seven million homes once they are exporting to the grid by 2025.Richard Howard, research director at UK-based Aurora Energy Research, told Recharge the low prices were both “surprising” and “impressive,” while also noting the huge role the Dogger Bank zone – site of the three Equinor/SSE projects and Innogy’s Sofia – will play in the future sector.“Overall it is impressive the continuing cost decline for offshore wind. And part of that must have been predicated by the introduction of larger turbines,” said Howard. “You have heard this week about GE starting to get orders for the 12MW [Haliade-X] turbine. I think an important part of how you get the costs down to around £40/MWh will have been really big turbines on really windy sites on Dogger Bank.”More: Equinor, SSE and Innogy win as UK offshore wind hits cost lows Latest U.K. offshore wind bids set new record, come in under $50/MWh
Read Also: Leicester defender wants to join Chelsea this summerThe experienced goalkeeper played 10 times for the club but was criticised for his performances – his run in the team followed an injury to Łukasz Fabiański – and he was eventually replaced by third-choice David Martin.He subsequently joined Alaves for the second half of the season in Spain and made nine appearances before his loan deal expired this summer.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 It follows on from a report in Diario AS that Atleti’s Antonio Adan is close to joining Portuguese giants Sporting CP this summer and the club are now looking for a replacement. Roberto joined the Hammers on a two-year deal last summer having previously been a deputy at Espanyol, but he failed to impress during his stint in East London. Loading… Atletico Madrid have a three-man shortlist for a new back-up goalkeeper to Jan Oblak with West Ham United’s Roberto Jimenez listed. The details are outlined on the front page of Wednesday’s edition of Diario AS, which claims the 33-year-old is an option for Los Rojiblancos alongside Olympiakos goalkeeper Jose Sa and Eibar’s Marko Dmitrovic.Advertisement Promoted ContentBest Car Manufacturers In The World8 Shows That Overstayed Their WelcomeBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayTop 6 Iconic Supercar MoviesTop 10 Most Costly Liquids In The World7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes
CHAMPAGNE ROOM: Battled tested and consistent, she broke her maiden in her second start as well, in the Grade II, 6 ½ furlong Sorrento Stakes a Del Mar Aug. 6. Subsequently third in the Grade I Del Mar Debutante Sept. 3, she was then fourth in the Grade I Chandelier Stakes here on Oct. 1, which was her first try at two turns. Off at 33-1 in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies, she settled nicely under Mario Gutierrez and went on to a three quarter length win. By all accounts, she’s trained very well for her return and despite her lack of recency, can be counted on for a top effort at one mile. Owned by Sharon Alesia, Cialia Racing, LLC, Exline-Border Racing, LLC, Gulliver Racing, Christensen and Legan, Champagne Room is 5-2-1-1 with earnings of $1,286,600. THE GRADE II LAS VIRGENES STAKES WITH JOCKEYS & WEIGHTS IN POST POSITION ORDERRace 6 of 9 – Approximate post time 1:30 p.m. PT UNIQUE BELLA: With her two wins from three career starts coming by a combined 17 ¾ lengths, this grey daughter of Tapit has many observers comparing her to her multiple Eclipse Award winning stablemate, 4-year-old filly, Songbird. Owned by Don Alberto Stable and bred in Pennsylvania, she indeed has the look of something special and can be expected to show plenty of early speed under regular rider Mike Smith on Sunday. Given her pedigree, recent graded stakes win and her high flying connections, Unique Bella should go favored over Champagne Room in the Las Virgenes on Sunday. ARCADIA, Calif. (Feb. 2, 2017)–Rapidly improving Unique Bella will try two turns for the first time as she takes on Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Champion Champagne Room and three other sophomore fillies at a flat mile in Sunday’s Grade II, $200,000 Las Virgenes Stakes at Santa Anita.Trained by Jerry Hollendorfer, Unique Bella comes off a stirring 7 ½ length win in the Grade II, seven furlong Santa Ynez Stakes Jan. 8, while trainer Peter Eurton’s Eclipse Champion 2-year-old Filly Champagne Room has been idle since her signature achievement in the Grade I Juvenile Fillies at a mile and a sixteenth here on Nov. 5. Mopotism–Flavien Prat – 118Champagne Room–Mario Gutierrez–123Mistressofthenight–Corey Nakatani – 118Unique Bella–Mike Smith–120Miss Southern Miss–Kent Desormeaux–118 There will be a special early first post time on Big Game Sunday at Santa Anita of 11 a.m. Admission gates will open at 9 a.m. For scratches, changes and complete morning line information, please visit santaanita.com.
Can’t Pay Won’t Pay will place a protest picket outside Donegal County Council’s office in Lifford on Monday when councillors will meet with representatives of Irish Water.Cllr Mac Giolla EasbuigSpokesperson Micheál Cholm Mac Giolla Easbuig wants other councillors to join the protest instead of meeting with irish Water.He said, “As a councillor I see no value in meeting with Irish Water. I have been calling on people not to engage with Irish Water which includes not registering for their charges and not paying. Consistent with this, I will not be meeting with Irish Water in Lifford. This is a body which has wasted enormous resources in a chaotic, unnecessary and unwanted water meter installation programme instead of getting to grips with the real problems and waste in our public water supply. It should be disbanded and the council should resume responsibility in this area.” “I was heavily criticised by some councillors for not attending a previous meeting with Irish Water in Carrick-on-Shannon back in October. I said then it would be a complete waste of time. After the meeting those councillors who had been critical of me publicly admitted the meeting had been pointless. I would ask those councillors to now join with us on the protest rather than sitting down with Irish Water.”The public are invited to join the protest picket outside the Council offices at 10am on Monday.“Come along and let Irish Water know that we will not be registering with them, that we do not want their water meters and most importantly of all, we will not pay their charges,” said Cllr Mac Giolla Easbuig.PROTEST TO BE HELD AS COUNCILLORS MEET IRISH WATER was last modified: January 23rd, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal County CouncilIrish WaterprotestPublic
A day-long procession through the city was led bythe People’s Bus and included a Joburg Tourism rig,Harley Davidson bikers and the Metro Police. The Bree Street Taxi Rank, Noord Street Taxi Rank, Gandhi Square, Jabulani Mall and Maponya Mall in Johannesburg were the places to be on 11 May to join Brand South Africa’s celebrations of 30 days to kickoff of the 2010 Fifa World Cup.• Download the press releaseA day-long procession through the city was led by the People’s Bus and included a Joburg Tourism rig, Harley Davidson bikers and the Metro Police. Starting at Mary Fitzgerald Square in Newtown, the procession made its way to Maponya Mall in Soweto, joined by South African celebrities Arthur, Chomee, Slikour and Sugarmaxx.The people of Johannesburg were able to join the procession along the way, with prizes to be won.“We encourage South Africans to be great hosts,” says Brand South Africa chief executive Miller Matola. “Let’s show the world our warmth, friendliness and love of the game. We should all fly the flag, sing the national anthem with pride, learn the Diski Dance and celebrate Football Fridays.“Bring along your Diski Dance moves, as well as your knowledge about all things football. Most of all though, bring all your uniquely South African passion and energy.”The People’s Bus provided an interactive 10-minute tour including Fifa World Cup team facts and trivia, foosball table fun and a mini cinema showing unforgettable moments from previous tournaments. On exiting the bus, good luck messages that will be posted on the Brand South Africa and Bafana Bafana websites can be added to the bus message board.About the International Marketing Council of South Africa (Brand South Africa)The International Marketing Council of South Africa (IMC) was established in August 2002 to help create a positive and compelling brand image for South Africa. At that time, the world was unsure about what to think of South Africa, with many different messages being sent out by various sources. These did very little to build the country’s brand and it was evident that to attract tourism and investment there was a need to co-ordinate marketing initiatives to make them more effective.This led to the creation of the IMC, whose main objective is the marketing of South Africa through the Brand South Africa campaign. There are many benefits to having a consolidated brand image, with the most important being that a consistent Brand South Africa message creates strategic advantages in terms of trade and tourism for the country in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
oregon bill simmons failed trollFormer ESPNer Bill Simmons – now the owner and operator of The Ringer – attended college at Holy Cross, which landed a 16-seed in this year’s NCAA Tournament. Friday, the Crusaders take on 1-seed Oregon for the right to play in the round of 32. As such, Simmons attempted to poke fun at the Ducks’ program – but somehow failed miserably in the process.Simmons took to Twitter this morning, posting a photo of the 1947 Holy Cross squad that won the national title, asking Oregon fans to show him a photo of their national championship team. Clearly, he didn’t they they’ve ever had one. Except they do – Oregon won the first NCAA Tournament, back in 1939. Simmons quickly admitted defeat.Where is Oregon’s NCAA championship team photo? pic.twitter.com/BP12ahS4kE— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) March 18, [email protected] Here it is. See you at 4:27 PST. Game On!! pic.twitter.com/TnRhcz6mOd— William (John) Moore (@akajtg) March 18, 2016Touche!!! 1939 vs. 1947 – tonight at 7:30! RT @akajtg: @BillSimmons Here it is. See you at 4:27 PST. Game On!! pic.twitter.com/wYfchlL2Tt— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) March 18, 2016The two programs may have the same number of national championship teams, but we don’t think tonight’s game will be anywhere close to even. Simmons probably should have done some quick research before firing off his tweet.
FERNWOOD, P.E.I. – A crash is inevitable if people continue to point lasers at airplanes, a P.E.I. pilot warned Tuesday as Island police announced they were investigating the second such incident in as many days.John Brewer, who has been flying planes for 50 years and holds a commercial pilot’s licence, said pointing a laser at an aircraft is extremely dangerous.“There’s going to be a major accident… It’s going to happen one of these days,” Brewer said from his home in Cavendish, P.E.I.“Just picture someone shining a spotlight in your face. You can’t see for a few seconds. That’s basically what happens, and if the pilot is hit in the eyes and the co-pilot doesn’t get a chance to react, you’re going to have a crash landing — there’s no question about it.”RCMP said they received a report on Saturday that a green laser was pointed at a search and rescue aircraft near Fernwood, roughly 60 kilometres west of Charlottetown.Police said the laser, which can temporarily blind pilots, was pointed at the aircraft for roughly 15 to 20 minutes while it was conducting exercises.Sara Keddy, a spokeswoman for the 14 Wing Greenwood air force base in Nova Scotia, said the 413 Transport and Rescue Squadron was near Summerside late Friday when the left-side pilot was “dazzled” by a laser.In addition to the pilot, she said three or four crew members aboard the Hercules military aircraft were also affected by the laser strike.Keddy said the crew followed protocol and returned to base. The pilot and crew members reported to the base medical clinic in the morning and also received an independent assessment by an eye specialist in the community.None of the crew suffered serious or lasting vision problems because of the laser strike, she said.On Sunday, a green laser was directed into the cockpit of a commercial aircraft as it approached the airport in Charlottetown.Police said the WestJet passenger aircraft encountered the beam of light at around 11 p.m. as it flew over the Brackley Beach area.The laser shone in the cockpit for about five to 10 seconds, and the pilot landed the plane without incident a few minutes later.The Mounties said Tuesday they received a call from a member of the public who witnessed Sunday’s incident. The witness said he was on the beach late Sunday hoping to see the Northern lights when he saw a family with a young child who appeared to be 10 to 12 years old.The child was playing with a green laser light and pointing it at several things including two planes that came across the sky, he said. The witness told police that the child appeared to be “tracing” the path of the plane with the laser and did not appear to be trying to shine it specifically in the cockpit of the plane.RCMP said lasers should not be used for entertainment or given to young children who are unaware of the danger they can pose.Brewer, who owns a business that repairs and maintains airplanes, said he believes not everyone is aware of the gravity of shining a laser at a plane.“I think in some cases it’s young people and they don’t realize the consequences,” said Brewer, who has never experienced a laser being pointed into his own aircraft.Aaron McCrorie, director general of civil aviation at Transport Canada, said two laser incidents in one weekend around Charlottetown is a concern.“We’ve seen a significant increase and that is of concern for us,” he said, adding that the incidents usually occur at critical points, like landings and takeoffs.The number of laser strikes across the country reported to Transport Canada ballooned from 333 in 2012 to 590 in 2015, he said. Last year, 527 laser strikes were reported.Only one laser strike was reported in P.E.I. over the last five years in 2015.McCrorie said people are likely pointing the lasers as a prank and not considering the consequences.“Imagine yourself being in an aircraft as you’re trying to land a very sophisticated, complicated and large piece of machinery and suddenly you’re blinded,” he said. “It’s a very serious offence.”Some pilots have suffered serious eye damage as a result of laser strikes, McCrorie said.Shining a laser at an aircraft is a federal offence and could carry fines of up to $100,000 and five years in prison — or both, he said.Last year, Transport Canada launched a social media campaign — #NotABrightIdea — to educate people about the dangers.– By Aly Thomson and Brett Bundale in Halifax
NEW YORK — The latest on developments in financial markets (all times local):___9:35 a.m.Stocks are slumping in early trading on Wall Street led by steep drops in Macy’s and other retailers after several of the companies reported weak holiday sales.Macy’s plunged 18 per cent in early trading Thursday and Kohl’s dropped 10 per cent.Airlines were also taking a hit after American Airlines released a weak forecast for its fourth-quarter results.The losses, if they hold, would end a four-day winning streak for the market, its longest since September.The S&P 500 index fell 15 points, or 0.6 per cent, to 2,569.The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 111 points, or 0.4 per cent, to 23,773. The Nasdaq gave up 50 points, or 0.7 per cent, to 6,906.Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury fell to 2.70 per cent.The Associated Press
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Peace Arts Gallery Society (PAGS) is hosting its 36th Art Auction, the primary fundraising event for the society.The Harvest Moon Gala and Auction is the opportunity for PAGS to fundraise to support the Gallery, the Let’s Art Program for youth 6 – 18 years of age and support of bursaries for school students going into art programs.Saturday, October, 5th, 2019 the Auction starts at 5:00 pm and runs through to 10:00 pm, with the cost of tickets at $75 person. Doors Open at 5:00 pm – With refreshments and music by Landis Dell and his Jazz GuitarDinner is at 6:30 pm by the Cultured CafeAuction to Follow by Rhythm AuctionsThe North Peace Cultural Centre is transformed for the event to be a venue for the dinner service of turkey and ham and auctions of artisan art pieces.38 pieces of art have been donated to the live auction for attendees to auction upon as well as silent auctions.Two photographers will be on-site with one taking complimentary portrait photographs.Tickets for the evening can be purchased from the North Peace Cultural Centre Box Office or online; CLICK HERETo view the FB Event; CLICK HERE