The Senate today is expected to complete its work on NAFCU-backed S. 754, the “Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act” (CISA), a bill that encourages faster, more efficient sharing of cyber-threat information among the business and government sectors.Last week, the Senate invoked cloture on a manager’s amendment, which set the stage for the chamber to complete consideration and vote on the bill today.Several amendments were considered for this bill, including one from Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., which would have made companies liable for inadvertent violations of terms of service or privacy agreements. NAFCU opposed the amendment, which was later voted down.NAFCU also signed on to a joint letter with three other financial trades to raise concerns about other proposed amendments, including those introduced by Sens. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., Al Franken, D-Minn., Ron Wyden, D-Ore., and Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., regarding the definition of a cyber threats, how long the measure would be in effect, and other aspects of the bill. The trades argue that the amendments would create ambiguities and complications in the bill’s language and otherwise undermine the measure. continue reading » 21SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
Although several residents lost power Sunday night, it appears the area dodged the worst of the severe weather.Multiple announcements were made by the National Weather Service, including tornado warnings throughout Southeastern Indiana.There were approximately 1400 Duke Energy customers without power in Decatur, Dearborn, Franklin and Ripley counties as of 8p.m. Within twelve hours, power was near complete restoration.There are roughly 100 Duke Energy customers in Decatur County, 82 in Dearborn County and 78 in Ripley County hoping to get the lights back on Monday morning.According to the Decatur County REMC, there are no customer outages as of 8 a.m. Monday.Commuters may have noticed street lights and traffic signals out of operation as a result of the storms Sunday evening. In Batesville, approximately 1000 residents lost power after a blown transformer about 5:52 p.m., according to Batesville Police.“Trees and limbs were down. Some power outages in part of town, otherwise I believe we faired pretty well,” said a Batesville Police Department spokesman.
Share Submit Spotlight delivers Racing Post translated services for Pari-Engineering Russia August 26, 2020 Share Related Articles Spotlight Sports Group enhances US content July 8, 2020 Spotlight ups matchday commentary reach and capacity for new EPL Season August 21, 2020 StumbleUpon The Racing Post has committed to delivering ‘all available global racing content’ to both its customers and partners, as the sport faces an unprecedented time of cancellations and postponements.In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Racing Post has scaled up its coverage of horse racing content from territories where racing is continuing, including USA, South Africa and Hong Kong. This will be supported by the group’s full service for Irish horse racing and British and Irish greyhounds.Earlier this month, the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) confirmed that it had temporarily suspended all UK racing events until the end of April, due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns.Discussing the effects of COVID-19 and how the group is supporting partners’ racing products during the shutdown, Spotlight Sports Group B2B director Eugene Delaney said: “This is an extremely challenging time for everyone involved. The safety of our staff, customers and partners remains our top priority and we have done everything possible to ensure our own employees are safely working from home.“Our expert editorial and tipping teams are focused on delivering content for our partners and customers and we have very quickly scaled up our international racing capabilities to deliver this new content to existing partners.“Across the Racing Post app, website and newspaper we are covering a broad range of racing from across the globe. With racing still happening in a number of territories worldwide we will continue to provide expert content to help engage customers on our partners’ websites.”
Tyronn Lue is returning to the NBA. The Clippers are hiring Lue as the team’s top assistant coach under Doc Rivers, according to a report from The Athletic, which cites unidentified league sources. Lue previously worked on Rivers’ staff with the Celtics from 2011-13 and with Los Angeles in 2013-14. The New York Times reported last week the sides were close to an agreement.Former Cavaliers championship coach Ty Lue has agreed on deal to join the Los Angeles Clippers as the top assistant coach on Doc Rivers’ staff, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) August 21, 2019Lue will be joining a team with high expectations heading into 2019-20. The Clippers retooled their roster this offseason as they signed star Kawhi Leonard in free agency and acquired Paul George in a blockbuster trade with the Thunder. Related News Clippers, Steve Ballmer unveil plan for potential multi-billion dollar, privately funded arena Kawhi Leonard says he was ‘very close’ to choosing Lakers, Raptors over Clippers NBA free agency news: Patrick Patterson signs 1-year deal with Clippers “I grew up a Clippers fan,” Leonard said during his introductory press conference. “I loved the Clippers as a kid. With Doc (Rivers) being a championship head coach, that is something I wanted, an experienced coach. And the front office is very transparent with me. They want to win. It’s an opportunity for us to build our own (thing) and make history.”Lue has been out of the league since he was fired by the Cavaliers in early October after an 0-6 start to the season. He registered a 128-83 record and won a championship during his time as Cleveland’s head coach. Lue was reportedly close to joining the Lakers as their head coach and reuniting with LeBron James this summer. But, those negotiations fell apart and the Lakers eventually hired Frank Vogel.