The merger of liner businesses of Japan’s big three shipping companies, Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha (K Line), Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL), and Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK Line), will have a far-reaching impact on NYK’s business, according to the company’s president Tadaaki Naito.“This liner integration will have far-reaching impacts, and I believe it is a major turning point for the group,” Naito noted while speaking on the occasion of the company’s 132nd anniversary.The new joint-venture company, announced in October last year, is planned to start operations in April of next year.As explained by Naito, the decision to integrate the liner business was made in order to achieve competitive strength by “securing critical mass in terms of operational scale and ensure the business survives.” “The new joint-venture company will utilize the best practices of the three companies and everything will be created from scratch, and this will require significant effort. For us, getting the new company off to a smooth start will initially be the most important issue. Following this, it is my expectation that the business will be able to achieve stable profits,” he added.Currently, NYK’s liner business accounts for almost 30% of sales, 19% of all employees, and 13% of operational ships group-wide.Through the integration, this huge division will be shifted outside the company as an affiliated company accounted for by the equity method, Naito said.As disclosed, once the integration is complete, it will be necessary for the remaining divisions to take over the functions that are currently performed by the liner business division, including fostering international personnel.Naito further stressed that the company would “aggressively work to increase sales.”“In response to this, we have reviewed the governance of the group companies operating around the world and have decided to shift to a new organizational framework from April 1 of next year. In addition, while the new joint-venture company will adopt the best practices from each line with the aim of increasing its competitive ability and overtaking the competition, the businesses that are peripheral to and affiliated with the liner business — such as domestic terminals and harbor transport within Japan, tugboat services, inland transportation, and ship management — need to further refine their capabilities and achieve even higher competitive strength in order to survive in the new era,” he noted.“In this way, through the liner business integration, the entire group will face a major turning point.”Moreover, due to the ongoing changes in the business environment, the company president said that as of next year, NYK will revise the group management structure from the ground up and shift to a structure that enables “the effective use of management assets throughout the group. “
Liverpool are plotting a world record bid for PSG star Kylian Mbappe, it’s been claimed. cleared Kylian Mbappe set to battle Dortmund in round of 16 The Sun reports Liverpool are prepared to make a world-record £250m bid for Mbappe, should Real Madrid land Sadio Mane. Liverpool forward Mane is high on Real Madrid’s transfer wishlist and Zinedine Zidane is determined to get his man in the summer window.Advertisement Promoted ContentSome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That ExistBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearLook At Something Beautiful That Wasn’t Made By A Human BeingWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Deepika Padukone’s Most Memorable LooksWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A Vegetarian6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World Loading… Senegal international Mane put pen to paper on new terms with Liverpool just 18 months ago. The 28-year-old signed a deal worth £150,000-a-week, which will keep him on Merseyside until 2023. But according to The Sun of UK, Mane’s representatives have been approached about a possible transfer away from Anfield.Mbappe switch to Real Madrid was ‘almost done’ before COVID-19 read also: Mane is expected to snub Los Blancos, but should Real Madrid entice the forward to Spain, Liverpool will reportedly move quickly to replace him with Mbappe. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
Secretary-General Antonio Guterres According to the U.N., 129 countries hadpaid $1.99 billion in dues for the U.N.’s 2019 operating budget by Tuesday. Itsaid $1.386 billion is owed for this year. (AP) NEW YORK – Secretary-General AntonioGuterres warned Tuesday that the United Nations is facing its “worst cashcrisis” in nearly a decade because 64 of its 193 members have not paid theirannual dues — including the United States, its largest contributor. U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric saidthe secretary-general has written to all members saying “the organization runsthe risk of depleting its liquidity reserves by the end of the month anddefaulting on payments to staff and vendors.” By the end of September, Dujarric said,member states had paid only 70% of the total assessment for the regular budget,compared with 78% at the same time last year.
Meanwhile, the COVID-positive Igbaras resident was a 33-year-old male personnel of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Region 6 temporarily assigned in the town to help in the distribution of the Social Amelioration Program emergency cash assistance. Te said yesterday contact tracing was immediately launched. ILOILO City – Two policemen. One resident of Igbaras, Iloilo. One repatriated overseas worker. One newly-returned stranded resident. These were the six new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Western Visayas. They were asymptomatic and now on quarantine, said Te. Patient No. 149’s specific assignment was Q. Abeto Street in Mandurriao while Patient No. 151, the Mandurriao Public Market and later at Smallville Complex. The three other cases confirmed yesterday were the following: * Iloilo province – 23 Despite the increase in COVID cases, according to Te, the region currently has only 39 active cases left because 103 already recovered. Eleven, on the other hand, died. * 35-year-old male from Binalbagan, Negros Occidental (Patient No. 152), a repatriated overseas worker The two police men were a 32-year-old male from La Paz district here (Patient No. 149) and a 22-year-old male from Lambunao, Iloilo (Patient No. 151). Both belonged to the Mandurriao district police station. COVID-19 is the infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China in December 2019. According to Mayor Jaime Esmeralda, this personnel was one of around 40 persons tested on June 8 following the positive test result of a Sangguniang Bayan member. * Bacolod City – 11 They brought to 153 the total number of cases in the region, according to Dr. Marie Jocelyn Te, medical coordinator for emerging and reemerging infectious diseases of the Department of Health (DOH) Region 6. * Negros Occidental – three * Iloilo City – 20 * Antique – 14 * Guimaras – zero People can catch COVID-19 from others who have the virus. The disease can spread from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. * 50-year-old male from Mandurriao, Iloilo City (Patient No. 150), a locally stranded individual * Capiz – six * 46-year-old male from San Carlos City, Negros Occidental (Patient No. 153), a repatriated overseas worker * Aklan – six * repatriates – 70 Here’s the breakdown of the 153 cases: The policemen were among the several frontliners that the city government subjected to reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test on June 8. These droplets also land on objects and surfaces around the person. Other people then catch COVID-19 by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth./PN
Spanish La Liga giants, Barcelona have announced the termination of sporting director, Eric Abidal’s contract, just one day after sacking head coach Quique Setien.Abidal, a former Barcelona defender and two-times Champions League winner with the club, had been in the role for over two years.Setien was relieved of his duties as manager after the team’s humiliating loss to Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League with the club warning of a first team restructuring.The Spanish club acted quickly to agree a deal in principle to bring in Netherlands head coach Ronald Koeman to replace Setien.One of Abdial’s final acts in his role as Barcelona sporting director was to inform Setien of the club’s decision to let him go in a meeting earlier this week.The club announced the decision on their official twitter handle on Tuesday. Tags: BarcelonaEric AbidalUEFA Champions League Source: Sky Sports