DU colleges to release first cut- off lists by mid-June.A day after Delhi University (DU) decided to discontinue use of application forms for admission to undergraduate programmes, senior officials in the administration hinted at a change in the admission calendar this year.The university intends to complete the entire admission process – from announcing cut- off lists to the last lap of converting vacant seats reserved for the Other Backward Classes ( OBC) into general category – for UG programmes before the academic session begins on July 21.According to a senior official, the first cut- off list ( qualifying marks for programmes) will be announced around June 15. Last year, it was declared on June 22.”The remaining three lists should be declared and admissions under each list completed around the first week of July.Then colleges will be allowed to announce two more cut- off lists in case seats are still vacant. But unlike last year when colleges converted vacant OBC seats to general category in August, we will ask them to do this before the academic session begins on July 21,” the official said.” At the most, this conversion of OBC seats and its admission can spill over to a week after colleges reopen. But, not beyond that,” he said. Last year, most colleges finished this process only around August 15.These changes in the calendar will be pitched during the meeting of the admissions advisory committee for approval.The university has been working on introducing semester system in the remaining UG programmes from this year. Last year, it had brought 13 science programmes under the system.advertisementThe pruning of the admission calendar has been proposed to ensure effective implementation of semester system. ” Last year, admission was made till the end of August. But we can’t have students joining classes in the middle of a semester. We want the full strength to be present right from the beginning. So the proposal is to wrap up the admission process, at least within a week of the new session,” an official said.The university has also hinted at changes in the admission calendar after it decided to do away with application forms.Till last year, DU aspirants had the option of either filling a common admission form or applying individually to the colleges.The common form was good for applying to 61 UG courses across 63 colleges. But from this year, there will be no forms. The cut- off lists will be announced by colleges based on their previous years’ experience of conducting admissions. Students can directly approach colleges for admission if they are eligible as per the cut- off marks.But students seeking admission under sports, SC/ ST and ECA quotas and to programmes with joint entrance examination will have to fill application forms.The DU, however, will continue to sell its information booklet and conduct open days. ” The information booklet will be available on our website, too ,” said J. M. Khurana, dean, students’ welfare, DU.SPORTS QUOTAThe DU might allow colleges to conduct sport trials for admission of students under the sports quota this year. This follows the ” No physical education teachers came forward to help during the centralised sports trials. We want to bring the teachers on board. After the changes made last year, trials account for 25 marks and certificates 75 marks.With this break up the scope of back door entry through trials is quite less. There doesn’t seem any problem in letting colleges have a say in how much a candidate should score out of 25 marks,” said a senior university official.