It is the first fire of 2020 that will have to extinguish Valverde, a specialist in the field since he signed his contract at the Camp Nou offices in June 2017. Unlike the directive, which does not see a possible exit from the player, Txingurri wants Vidal to follow. Regardless of the player’s complaint, Aleñá’s departure and Arthur’s doubtful physical condition make the Chilean an important element that also has a goal, a value that is highly valued in the center of the field. Busquets, De Jong and the latter Rakitic They don’t have it as one of their best qualities. The holidays are over. It is working time in any sector and also in the Barça. After giving rest to their players to pass the New Year’s Eve hangover, Valverde was reunited this Thursday with his squad and recovered the last three players that remained to join. Messi and Luis Suarez they did it after having followed the work plan indicated by the physical trainers and with the intention of playing in Cornellà on Saturday before the Spanish. The Uruguayan, in fact, did not force the fifth yellow in the last game of the year against the Alaves, which allows us to suspect that it will be in the derby. The Txingurri also already had Arturo Vidal at his command, protagonist at Christmas time for the filtering of the complaint that the Chilean has presented against Barça for defaults and that would have been dismissed according to SER Catalunya. Vidal, which has been seen these days in Chile in some charity match; in the pachangas of his social club, Rodelindo Román; and especially, taking care of horses on their farm, has assured that he would speak upon his arrival in Spain. But he already warned that, if that money is owed, it would be fair for Barça to pay it. The former player of Juventus and Bayern claims 2.4 million euros for bonus prizes. Barça believes the demand is completely unjustified, but the schism has already been created. What Valverde does want is for the situation to be resolved as soon as possible. Extend the Vidal case in a few weeks in which Barça cannot afford a single mistake in LaLiga, and the first title of the year is played in the Spanish Supercup of ArabiaIt would be a bad plan. That is why it is not disposable that Vidal appears before the press after the match against Espanyol to settle the matter. That, if the solution is to stay. Otherwise, the issue could be confined because the player has a year and a half left and Barça would ask for money for the transfer. For Vidal, the following may be his last major contract. That is why he is not too uncomfortable with the rare situation that has been created. Nor to the board, who would be happy to break free from a very high record. But in the middle of everything is Valverde, to whom the fans are asking for the triplet while he loses players or simply has others that were sold as stars and spent the day in the infirmary. 22
KOLKATA, India (CMC):Captain Darren Sammy courted controversy here yesterday when he hit out at the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) for its lack of support following his side’s capture of the Twenty20 World Cup.Speaking after West Indies stunned England by four wickets to clinch the title at Eden Gardens, Sammy told post-match presenter Nasser Hussain that while the team had been inspired by the professionalism of the management staff and messages of support from Caribbean nation grouping, CARICOM, they had heard nothing from board officials.”I really want to thank the heads of CARICOM. Throughout this tournament, they have been supporting the team. We’ve got e-mails, we’ve got calls,” Sammy said.”Prime Minister (Keith) Mitchell (from Grenada). I know what he is trying to do and I really want to thank him. He sent a very inspiring message for the team this morning … and I’m yet to hear from our own cricket board. That is very disappointing.”CELEBRATEHe continued: “For today, I’m going to celebrate with these 15 men and coaching staff. I don’t know when I’m going to be playing with these guys again because we don’t get selected for one-day cricket.”We don’t know when we’re going to be playing T20. So, this win, I want to thank you, my team, I want to thank you, coaching staff … everybody knows West Indies are champion!”The comments come against the backdrop of the players’ contracts dispute with the WICB before the start of the tournament back in February, which threatened the side’s participation.Sammy acted as the players’ representative during the brief impasse and while he assured the Caribbean then that West Indies would commit to playing the tournament, he also hinted that the issues were far from settled.Yesterday, he once again alluded to the impasse, noting that the “disrespect” shown to the side by the WICB, along with other criticisms from media personalities, had helped to fire up the team.”We started this journey … we all know we had (issues). People were wondering whether we would play this tournament,” he explained.”We had a lot of issues, we felt disrespected by our board, Mark Nicholas (cricket analyst) described our team as a team with no brains (in a pre-tournament preview). All these things before the tournament just brought this team together.”I really want to thank these 15 men. The ability to just put all those adversities aside and to come out and play this type of cricket in front of such passionate fans, it’s just tremendous.”DIFFICULTIESSammy also praised newly installed manager Rawl Lewis, who, he said, went to extraordinary lengths to sort out some administrative difficulties during the pre-tournament camp in Dubai.”I personally also want to thank the coaching staff. Coach Phil (Simmons), he’s been through a lot, and to come here and the way he’s coached the team, he’s just brilliant,” Sammy noted.”All the other coaching staff who have done their part. We had a new manager in this tournament in Rawl Lewis. He had never managed any team before. He came here, we were at a camp in Dubai, but we had no uniforms, no printing.”He left Dubai, went to Kolkata. That’s where we started. The trouble he went to, to get us in this uniform, I’ve got to give credit to the entire team here. It was us in our own little circle. This win we dedicate it to all our fans in the Caribbean.”West Indies became the first side to win two T20 World Cups when they defeated England by four wickets in the final at Eden Gardens here on Sunday.
Fresh off a series win against USC last weekend and a comeback draw against Pepperdine on Tuesday, the Dirtbags face a tougher challenge this weekend when they host No. 4 Texas at Blair Field. Texas won national titles in 2002 and 2005 under former Cal State Fullerton coach Augie Garrido and went 41-21 in 2006, including a pair of wins in a three-game series against the Dirtbags in Austin. They come into the 2007 season the Big 12 Conference favorite and as usual a contender to reach Omaha and the College World Series. Texas is 2-2 this season, having lost two of three to the University of San Diego last weekend. They are a sophomore-laden team that features outfielders Jordan Danks (.319 in 2006) and Kyle Russell (10 home runs) and a deep pitching staff. Texas will throw freshman left-hander James Russell (0-1, 2.57) tonight at 6:30 p.m., Kyle Walker (0-0, 9.00) Saturday at 2 p.m. and senior Randy Boone (0-1, 4.26) Sunday at 1 p.m. Tuesday, the Dirtbags fell behind Pepperdine 7-0 in Malibu but used a three-run home run by Danny Espinosa to earn a 7-7 tie in a game that was suspended due to darkness in the ninth inning. The game will be finished April 10 when Pepperdine visits Blair. The Dirtbags hit the road to face another tough Texas team, No. 1-ranked Rice, next weekend. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! The Dirtbags (2-1-1) will start the same trio as they did last weekend against USC: Vance Worley (0-0, 1.50) tonight, Manny McElroy (1-0, 2.84) Saturday and Omar Arif (1-0, 0.00) Sunday. The Dirtbags posted a 1.73 ERA in their series against USC. Russell is the son of former major-league pitcher Jeff Russell, and Boone had a 3.15 ERA out of the bullpen last year and touts a low-90s fastball. Tonight: vs. Texas Blair Field, 6:30 p.m.
Only one vote is allowed.MasterBuilt will present a cheque to the winning organization June 18th during a grand opening ceremony. “(Then it would support) renovations and upkeep so we can make sure have our doors open for those animals that don’t have a place to go.”Cindy Mohr, executive director with the Association for Community Living, said her organization would use the funds to support a wide range of programs and services, from a cooking program to equipment and tools that will help clients be more independent in the community.“The cooking program allows them to eat healthy, provides social interaction, and gives them some extra meals,” she said.The agency supports about 55 residents in the community, and others who rely on the organization for drop-in services.Residents have until 11 a.m. Pacific Time June 15 to cast their vote at www.microtelcanada.com/commonground.Advertisement “There’s a lot of needs in every community,” she said.Candace Buchamer of the SPCA said a $5,000 influx for her organization would go to meet the needs of the animals relying on the shelter today, and who will need the shelter in the future.Funds would support a range of services from spays to neuters to vaccinations to emergency surgeries, Buchamer said. It would also help support building upkeep, she said.“First and foremost, (the money would go to) anything that will deal directly with the animals,” said Buchamer.Advertisement A trio of local non-profit groups are in the running for a $5,000 kitty of cash from a new hotel set to open its doors to travellers later this month.MasterBuilt Hotels, which is wrapping up construction of the Microtel Inn & Suites at the Alaska Highway and 93 Street, has announced it will make the donation as part of its grand opening ceremonies June 18. It is calling on Fort St. John residents to vote on which group will receive the money.In the running are the North Peace branch of the BC SPCA, the Association of Community Living, and Kidsport Fort St. John.- Advertisement -“We looked at a lot of options, it was not an easy choice,” said Donna Fahey, sales and marketing director with MasterBuilt.The company has made similar donations to groups in nine other Canadian cities where it has built a Microtel, including Blackfalds, Red Deer, and Whitecourt in Alberta. The funds have gone to support hospitals and food banks in the past, according to Fahey.It’s the first time, however, the company is turning to the community to decide who gets the money, Fahey said.Advertisement
A man has appeared in court charged with the theft of a trailer.Owen Hegarty denied the theft of a triple axle trailer, valued at €6,500 at Creggan, Ballybofey on January 29, 2012.The 33-year-old from Crislaghmore, Burnfoot, told Judge Paul Kelly at Letterkenny District Court that he wanted to face a trial by a judge and jury. The case was adjourned until the New Year.MAN DENIES THEFT OF €6,500 TRAILER was last modified: December 19th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:InishowenLetterkenny Courttrailer theft allegations
Lagan Harps FC News: Our u/12’s drew 0-0 with Cappry Rovers in their final league game.This meant Cappry won the league and we finished runners up. Well done to the boys for a great league campaign. They now take part in the champions league starting on Saturday.Our u/14’s have a cup semi-final v Ballybofey Utd while our u/16’s face Ballybofey Utd in a league game.Our mens team are away to Kilmacrennan Celtic in a vital game on Sunday.In our weekly lotto the numbers drawn were 3,5,10 and 18. Three people had three numbers with James Mc Daid drawn out and winning E50. Next weeks jackpot is E5,200. SOCCER NEWS: LAGAN HARPS FACE KILMACRENNAN IN CRUCIAL LEAGUE CLASH THIS WEEKEND was last modified: April 7th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Lagan Harps FCNoticessoccerSport
Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won huge blow Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? Latest Premier League News silverware How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures Tottenham v Brighton LIVE: talkSPORT commentary and team news for Boxing Day opener smart causal Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT 1 gameday REVEALED England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won Tottenham Hotspur star Heung-Min Son has helped South Korea to the final of the Asian Games.The forward captained his nation to a 3-1 victory over Vietnam in Cibinong, Indonesia. Tottenham Hotspur star Heung-Min Son celebrates with Lee Seung-Woo no dice Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade possible standings Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury A brace from Hellas Verona winger Lee Seung-Woo and a strike from Hwang Ui-Jo were enough to get the job done for the Taegeuk Warriors, despite a late consolation goal from Minh Vuong Tran after 70 minutes.Spurs star Son got the assist for Hwang Ui-Jo’s goal, giving the Gamba Osaka striker his ninth of the competition and can now earn redemption from military service with victory in the final.The Gold Medal match is set to take place on September 1 where South Korea will meet Japan. Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card gameday cracker Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars shining REVEALED
Full Schedule Roster Smith settled down after the tying run as she allowed just one base runner in each of the next two innings. She pitched a complete game and allowed one run on four hits with three strikeouts. With the win, Smith improved to 5-4 on the season. Drake (13-8) jumped out to a 1-0 lead over Jacksonville (11-8) in the third inning as sophomore Taryn Pena (Columbia, Ill.) lined a single up the middle to bring in Sowa. Two innings later, the Dolphins tied the game at 1-1 with a RBI double off junior Kailee Smith (Murrieta, Calif.). Live Stats Freshman Aryka Knoche (Little Canada, Minn.) took the loss for Drake. Knoche allowed 10 runs on nine hits in 4.0 innings with two strikeouts and seven walks. She dropped to 1-1 on the season. vs. Stanford 3/5/2017 – 11:00 AM TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Senior Megan Sowa (Gurnee, Ill.) lined a walk off double that scored junior Tasha Alexander (Eddyville, Iowa) for the Drake University softball team to beat Jacksonville, 2-1, Saturday night at the Easton Crimson Classic. In the first game on Saturday, host No. 9 Alabama defeated Drake, 10-0, in five innings. Preview Freshmen Sarah Maddox (Henderson, Nev.) and Mandi Roemmich (West Des Moines, Iowa) and Sowa led the Bulldogs with two hits each in the win. Alexander started the seventh inning with a single through the right side and then stole second before Sowa’s game-winner. Drake bounced back after a tough loss to the Crimson Tide. Two Alabama (18-2) pitchers, Madi Moore and Sydney Littlejohn combined for a no-hitter. Freshman Abby Buie (Gardner, Kan.) and Sowa each drew one walk for the Bulldogs only base runners. Next Game: Drake closes its time in Alabama with a game against Stanford on Sunday morning at 11 a.m. Stanford beat Drake, 9-0, in the Bulldogs’ first game of the tournament. Print Friendly Version
Share your genius for witty captions in the 25th installment of our Geocaching.com Caption Contest. You could earn a barely coveted prize. What caption would you write? “Geocaching, out standing in its field.” You can do better!Barely coveted prizeSubmit your caption by clicking on “Comments” below. Please include your geocaching username in all entries. Then, explore the captions other geocachers posted.You can influence the voting. “Like” the caption that you think should win. If you think your caption should win, convince your fellow geocachers to “like” your caption. Lackeys vote to decide the winner of the contest.The winner receives a barely coveted prize from Groundspeak Headquarters. This contest the barely coveted prize is a biodegradable Cache In Trash Out garbage bag.Click on the image to discover the winning caption from this contest21 Lackeys voted to award the winner of the 24th Geocaching.com Caption Contest a barely coveted prize. Click on the image at right to discover the winning caption from the previous Geocaching.com Caption Contest.Explore all the past winners by checking out all the Geocaching.com Caption Contests.Share with your Friends:More SharePrint RelatedGeocaching.com Caption Contest 19 – Win a Barely Coveted PrizeJanuary 5, 2011In “Community”Geocaching.com Caption Contest 17 – Win a Barely Coveted PrizeNovember 24, 2010In “Community”Geocaching Caption Contest 20 – Win a Barely Coveted PrizeJanuary 18, 2011In “Community” WINNING CAPTION: Why do people keep signing my mail and leaving little army men and hot-wheels? – Team Snook
Is Nuclear Power Our Energy Future or a DinosaurThe Case for Nuclear Power — Despite the RisksSafe Storage of Nuclear Waste Electricity costs for Con Edison customers in New York City and nearby Westchester County are already among the highest in the country. Cuomo, however, says closing the plant and shifting to hydroelectric and wind resources would come “at a negligible cost to ratepayers” and would not increase the region’s carbon emissions.Cuomo has been pressing for more clean energy in the state’s utility mix, announcing last year a Clean Energy Standard that will require 50% of the state’s energy come from renewable sources by 2030. The state’s aggressive push to reshape its system of energy generation and distribution includes an effort called Reforming the Energy Vision.Last week, Cuomo proposed the development of 2,400 megawatts of offshore wind generating capacity by 2030, enough to provide 1.25 million homes with electricity, Reuters reports.Offshore wind is a key part of his plan to meet the 2030 goal of 50% renewable power. RELATED ARTICLES New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced plans for the early closure of the Indian Point nuclear power station, which currently accounts for about 10% of the state’s total power generation, and is betting the energy gap can be filled with a greater reliance on wind and hydro power. ThinkProgress reports the two operational reactors at the power station, located about 30 miles north of New York City on the Hudson River, are scheduled to go offline in 2020 and 2021, more than 10 years ahead of schedule.As important as the station is to New York’s utility grid, its location so close to New York also poses elevated risks in the form of a nuclear meltdown or terrorist attack. Cuomo, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, and a nonprofit environmental group called Riverkeeper all have been advocating for the plant’s closure for some time.