Cristiano Ronaldo and his Juventus team-mates were paid a visit by Floyd Mayweather in Saudi Arabia on Wednesday, the boxing icon celebrating the Italian side’s 1-0 Supercoppa Italiana victory over AC Milan.Ronaldo himself was responsible for the win, heading home a Miralem Pjanic assist in the 61st minute to ultimately seal the Old Lady’s eighth title – one more than opponents Milan.Franck Kessie’s second-half sending off made things even more difficult for the Rossoneri, with the Ivory Coast international the second Milan player to be shown red against Juventus this term after Gonzalo Higuain was sent off earlier this season. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Wednesday’s win marks the first medal Ronaldo has won as a Juve player since he joined from Real Madrid in a €112 million deal in the close season and the Portugal star, before being congratulated by the undefeated Mayweather, said that hopes this is the beginning of bigger and better things.Champions celebrating with a champion, @FloydMayweather meets the team in the Bianconeri locker room 🏆#SuperJuve #ForzaJuve pic.twitter.com/2vj6JRB8MR— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) January 16, 2019Speaking to Rai Sport after the victory, he said: “It was a very difficult match, it’s very warm and hard to play in these conditions.”We played well, created a lot of chances and obviously I am happy to have scored the winning goal.”It was my intention to start 2019 with a trophy, I have my first title with Juve and I am very happy.”But it is only the start, we will take it one step at a time. We’ve got this trophy, now we must keep working hard to achieve the next one.”Even though Serie A is only at its halfway stage it seems inevitable that Ronaldo will add Italy’s top-flight title to his medal haul with Juve unbeaten and nine points clear of second-place Napoli.But Ronaldo is refusing to rest on his laurels in his bid to win major honours with Juve.”Serie A is always Juve’s main objective,” he added.”We are top of the table, but it’s a very long tournament and it’s going to be tough, so we need to keep working.”Ronaldo and Juventus return to domestic action with a home clash against Chievo on Monday.
Rabat – According to the preliminary investigation by Morocco’s Central Bureau of Judicial Investigation (BCIJ), the list of terror suspects arrested in connection with the Imlil murders includes an imam and an ex-military member.Jeune Afrique news outlet obtained exclusive information from the preliminary investigation into the double murder of Louisa Vesterager Jespersen and Maren Ueland near Mount Toubkal in December 2018.The suspects were planning serious attacks against tourists, churches, Jewish mausoleums, and festivals. The suspects, according to Jeune Afrique, were also targeting a series of public figures, including the King’s Jewish advisor, Andre Azoulay. They also planned to burn down Azoulay’s property in Marrakech.*Read Also: Morocco’s BCIJ Dismantles New ISIS Terror Cell in Eastern MoroccoThe suspects were also planning to attack Mohamed Ben Abderrahme El Mghraoui, a “moderate” Moroccan Salafi.BCIJ arrested at least 22 suspects in connection to the murders. Police found the bodies of the two tourists on December 17, 2018.The suspects will be tried in accordance with the 2003 Anti-Terror Law for having ties with a group that planned to commit acts of terror in Morocco.Suspects involved in terrorism typically receive sentences ranging from 10 to 20 years in prison.All the suspects arrested for the double murder appeared before the investigating judge pending their trial after the investigation was finalized.