The 39th session of the CNTB Tourist Council was held at the Ministry of Tourism Council members announced an invitation to express interest in the implementation of the Sportska Hrvatska project, by which the CNTB plans to establish cooperation with organizers of top sports events in Croatia and top Croatian athletes in order to further promote them in emitting markets. The proposal of the Decision on additional marketing and PR cooperation with the Croatian Tennis Association at the Davis Cup sporting event in Zadar between the Croatian and US tennis teams, which will be held in Zadar from 14 to 16 September 2018, was also presented. Due to the nature of the event itself, which represents the last semifinals of the Davis Cup that is played in Croatia and the last that is played according to the old rules, this event wants to be further promoted through various types of marketing activities, the Ministry of Tourism points out. The project “Sports Croatia” implies special forms of marketing and PR cooperation within top sports projects and events that will positively affect the positioning of Croatia as an attractive year-round tourist destination, as well as strengthening the national tourist brand. The first call for expressions of interest for the implementation of the project “Sports Croatia” was published from 1 to 12 February 2018, and the decision of the Tourist Board approved cooperation on internationally recognized projects and events, including the Tour of Croatia, ATP Croatia Open Umag, Pannonian Challenge, Downhill UCI MTB World Cup, WTA Croatia Bol Open, KHL Medveščak, etc.A new public call for expressions of interest for the implementation of the Sportska Hrvatska project has not yet been published, however HERE you can see the old call, to see roughly what the conditions are. By the way, according to the last public call, the maximum possible contribution of the CNTB was HRK 2.000.000 per individual project / partner.LINK NEWS:FIND OUT HOW SPORTS TOURISM IS DEVELOPING IN MEĐIMURJE, AND IT IS NOT ABOUT FOOTBALLSYNERGY IN SPORTS AND TOURISM: COOPERATION BETWEEN HNK RIJEKA AND UNILINE
A 7.4 magnitude earthquake struck southern Mexico on Tuesday, killing six people, sending hundreds fleeing from their homes and forcing the closure of a major state-owned oil refinery. Hundreds of aftershocks were reported in the hours following the initial tremor, which was felt in Mexico City, some 700 kilometers distant from the epicenter in Crucecita, in Oaxaca state.”We had to leave because there is a risk that the market will collapse. We are hardly selling anything because of the pandemic and now if the market is closed we will have a worse time,” said Juana Martinez, 60, a flower-seller in Oaxaca city. Quake adding to virus woes Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum also activated response protocols, adding that two people had been injured. Apart from some building facades falling, she said there had been “no major incidents” reported.The earthquake was felt in several parts of the capital of 8.8 million people which in 2017 was hit by a 7.1 magnitude quake that left 360 people dead throughout the country.That same year, 96 people died after an 8.1 magnitude quake struck the south of the country, with Oaxaca the worst affected state.The quake has hit at a time when Mexico is already reeling from the coronavirus pandemic.It has suffered more than 23,000 COVID-19 deaths — the second most in Latin America — and 191,410 cases.On Tuesday the country recorded its highest number of cases in a 24-hour period, with 6,288 new infections, according to the Ministry of Health.Medical staff were evacuated from some hospitals in the capital alongside patients, although those suffering from the coronavirus remained isolated inside the buildings, alongside their caretakers.”All those that are in an area with COVID patients remain inside, only those of us who weren’t there at the time” have come out, said Jaime Gomez, a nurse at a hospital caring for coronavirus patients.Many of the people that fled into the streets of the capital were not wearing face masks.”With all the virus problems and now the tremors, and I’ve just lost one child and the other is ill, so imagine [how I’m feeling],” a tearful Maria Teresa Duran, 80, told AFP. Mexican Oil said its refinery in Salina Cruz in Oaxaca had been shut down as a precaution after a fire broke out at the plant “that was immediately stifled.”One of the dead from the earthquake was a worker at the refinery, who was killed after falling off a high structure. Other refineries in the state are operating as normal, Mexican Oil said.Rescuers were battling to reach a remote area of the rugged state amid reports that 15 workers had become trapped while constructing a highway.The quake also caused slight damage to four hospitals and a clinic, as well as to churches, markets and other buildings, authorities said.Six hours after the quake, 447 aftershocks had been recorded across the region, the strongest at a magnitude of 4.6.The US Pacific Tsunami warning center initially said hazardous waves as high as three meters could strike anywhere within 1,000 kilometers of the quake’s epicenter, affecting the Pacific coast of Mexico and Central and South America. Topics : All the deaths occurred in Oaxaca, with the majority due to the collapse of buildings. A woman died near Crucecita, and five other people died in towns located within 150 kilometers of the epicenter, officials said.The 7.4 quake struck at a depth of 23 kilometers, the US Geological Survey reported. An initial tsunami warning was later reversed.There was no damage reported to “strategic infrastructure” including ports, airports, refineries and hydroelectric plants, President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said in a video published on social media.
Secretary-General Antonio Guterres According to the U.N., 129 countries hadpaid $1.99 billion in dues for the U.N.’s 2019 operating budget by Tuesday. Itsaid $1.386 billion is owed for this year. (AP) NEW YORK – Secretary-General AntonioGuterres warned Tuesday that the United Nations is facing its “worst cashcrisis” in nearly a decade because 64 of its 193 members have not paid theirannual dues — including the United States, its largest contributor. U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric saidthe secretary-general has written to all members saying “the organization runsthe risk of depleting its liquidity reserves by the end of the month anddefaulting on payments to staff and vendors.” By the end of September, Dujarric said,member states had paid only 70% of the total assessment for the regular budget,compared with 78% at the same time last year.
Los Angeles is the center of the basketball universe this weekend, but L.A. has been a hotbed of basketball talent for decades. So many have made an impact on the basketball culture here over time, but there’s always a new group of players, coaches and others trying to leave their mark.With that in mind, the Southern California News Group identified a group of people who are among those shaping the state of basketball in the region, from high school to college to pro teams. Some of them have made an impact before, in different roles (or with different organizations), but that doesn’t make what they’re trying to do now any less important.What makes these people worth keeping an eye on now and in the years ahead? Click on their names to find out:PRO BASKETBALLMagic Johnson and Rob Pelinka NBA All-Star weekend: L.A. is already the center of the hoop world Lakers’ lone showing at NBA’s All-Star Weekend ends with Kyle Kuzma scoring 20 points in Rising Stars Challenge Heisler: NBA All-Star Game is too broken to fix, too big to drop For NBA All-Star Weekend, here’s our lineup of All-Southern California NBA All-Stars NBA All-Star Saturday Night: Come see if another man can fly … over a car Lawrence Frank and Jerry WestLonzo BallLou WilliamsCandace ParkerCOLLEGE BASKETBALLCori Close Jordan McLaughlinAaron HolidayHIGH SCHOOLSDoug MitchellShareef O’NealAndrea AquinoRelated Articles Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error