FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – At a City of Fort St. John Council meeting on Tuesday, Council was presented with a final plan for the 100 Street Corridor.Back in June, the City, along with MODUS Planning and Urban Systems, held a Design Charrette exploring the different design options for the reconstruction of 100 Street.Through those sessions, the design team was able to come up with a design and plan that best suits the needs and functionality of downtown.- Advertisement -According to Lead Urban Designer for MODUS, Edward Porter, throughout the designing of 100 Street, they kept in mind the vision of “A street for everyone, in the heart of a thriving downtown.”In order to keep that vision in mind, the team decided to present Council with an optimized three-lane concept that is expected to accommodate all users of the downtown.Cross section for the optimized three-lane concept for 100 Street. Source City of Fort St. JohnAdvertisement The final plan will see downtown, along 100 Street, divided up into five precincts starting at 95 Avenue and running north until 110 Avenue. The main part of downtown will run from 96 Avenue to 105 Avenue.The 100 Street plan by precincts. Source City of Fort St. JohnCouncil endorsed the overall plan for approval to proceed for the tendering process of the construction project.Construction is expected to start in the Spring of 2020 and be complete, in stages, over the next four to five years.Advertisement
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre “Our fear is that he still has access to women and may still be sexually assaulting additional women.” Gaspar fled with his wife and toddler son after paying $150,000 bail and might have connections from the Sacramento area to Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico, Toosbuy said. Gaspar might still be working in the medical field, police said, or as a massage therapist. “I have every reason to believe there were more victims,” Toosbuy said. Anyone with information can call Toosbuy at 818-374-7724 or 877- LAW-FULL (529-3855). 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! RESEDA – Police sought help Tuesday to nab a male nurse suspected of sexually assaulting at least 10 women at Encino-Tarzana Regional Medical Center. Ramon Eduardo Rodas Gaspar, 39, of Canoga Park jumped bail in July 2006 after he was arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting three women recovering in the hospital after surgery. Since then, the certified nursing assistant has been implicated in seven more assaults on patients between age 29 and 64. “These women were victimized shortly after surgery, post-surgery,” said Detective Ninette Toosbuy during a news conference at the Los Angeles Police Department’s West Valley station. “They were slightly under the influence, so they were vulnerable.