Tag: 杭州桑拿网站

Armed criminal nabbed

first_imgA hardcore criminal, Siva Shankar Panigrahi alias Jitu Kana, was nabbed after an exchange of fire with police at the Purunagada bypass near Jeypore in Odisha’s Koraput district on Tuesday.According to the police, a countrymade revolver along with live ammunition was seized from him. No one was injured in the incident although Panigrahi fired two rounds at the police.Acting on a tip-off, a police team tracked down Panigrahi and his associate near the bypass around 4.45 a.m. The duo was travelling on a motorbike. In a bid to escape they fired at the police. While Panigrahi was nabbed, his accomplice managed to escape. Panigrahi is named in a number of criminal cases. He was among the dacoits who had managed to escape following an exchange of fire with the police at Gopabandhu Nagar in Jeypore on August 18.last_img read more

Opposition blasts Punjab govt. over drugs issue

first_imgThe Opposition in Punjab hit out at the Congress government on Friday, accusing it of not having any concrete policy to fight the drugs menace prevalent in the State. The criticism came a day after the State government brought back IPS officer Harpreet Singh Sidhu as chief of the anti-drugs Special Task Force, nearly a year after he was removed from the post following reports of a tussle between him and the then DGP. Leaders of the Aam Aadmi Party, the principal Opposition, said the State government’s decision of yet again change the STF chief shows lack of planning and concrete policy. “The Congress has been in power for over two years now, yet the problem of drugs continues unabated. It’s time for taking decisive action, but the government is busy in ‘cosmetic’ moves to save its face,” said senior party leaders Kultar Singh Sandhwan, Sadhu Singh and Gurdit Singh Sekhon in a joint statement here.CM targetedThe leaders also took potshots at the Chief Minister. “The government should give the reason why Mr. Sidhu was removed earlier and why now he is being brought back. While we do not question Mr. Sidhu’s determination towards his duty, the Chief Minister’s intentions are under cloud,” said the leaders.Punjab BJP chief Shwait Malik said that the purpose of setting up the STF was only to corner political opponents. “Replacing officers only proves that if anyone does not cooperate with the government’s whim and fancies, he or she should be moved,” he told reporters.last_img read more

Delhi University to end admissions by July first week

first_imgDU colleges to release first cut- off lists by mid-June.A day after Delhi University (DU) decided to discontinue use of application forms for admission to undergraduate programmes, senior officials in the administration hinted at a change in the admission calendar this year.The university intends to complete the entire admission process – from announcing cut- off lists to the last lap of converting vacant seats reserved for the Other Backward Classes ( OBC) into general category – for UG programmes before the academic session begins on July 21.According to a senior official, the first cut- off list ( qualifying marks for programmes) will be announced around June 15. Last year, it was declared on June 22.”The remaining three lists should be declared and admissions under each list completed around the first week of July.Then colleges will be allowed to announce two more cut- off lists in case seats are still vacant. But unlike last year when colleges converted vacant OBC seats to general category in August, we will ask them to do this before the academic session begins on July 21,” the official said.” At the most, this conversion of OBC seats and its admission can spill over to a week after colleges reopen. But, not beyond that,” he said. Last year, most colleges finished this process only around August 15.These changes in the calendar will be pitched during the meeting of the admissions advisory committee for approval.The university has been working on introducing semester system in the remaining UG programmes from this year. Last year, it had brought 13 science programmes under the system.advertisementThe pruning of the admission calendar has been proposed to ensure effective implementation of semester system. ” Last year, admission was made till the end of August. But we can’t have students joining classes in the middle of a semester. We want the full strength to be present right from the beginning. So the proposal is to wrap up the admission process, at least within a week of the new session,” an official said.The university has also hinted at changes in the admission calendar after it decided to do away with application forms.Till last year, DU aspirants had the option of either filling a common admission form or applying individually to the colleges.The common form was good for applying to 61 UG courses across 63 colleges. But from this year, there will be no forms. The cut- off lists will be announced by colleges based on their previous years’ experience of conducting admissions. Students can directly approach colleges for admission if they are eligible as per the cut- off marks.But students seeking admission under sports, SC/ ST and ECA quotas and to programmes with joint entrance examination will have to fill application forms.The DU, however, will continue to sell its information booklet and conduct open days. ” The information booklet will be available on our website, too ,” said J. M. Khurana, dean, students’ welfare, DU.SPORTS QUOTAThe DU might allow colleges to conduct sport trials for admission of students under the sports quota this year. This follows the ” No physical education teachers came forward to help during the centralised sports trials. We want to bring the teachers on board. After the changes made last year, trials account for 25 marks and certificates 75 marks.With this break up the scope of back door entry through trials is quite less. There doesn’t seem any problem in letting colleges have a say in how much a candidate should score out of 25 marks,” said a senior university official.last_img read more

Hamstring injury sidelines San Miguel’s Alex Cabagnot

first_imgPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town “It was a good response by the team, but we’re just at 1-1 so we shouldn’t celebrate,” said Cabagnot. “We should be as level headed as possible because the season is far from over and the conference has just started.”“We have to work hard and do the things we need to do.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Despite herculean effort, Moala Tautuaa knows he needs to work harder to stay course ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes LATEST STORIES SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MANILA, Philippines—San Miguel point guard Alex Cabagnot is out indefinitely after suffering a hamstring injury in the Beermen’s previous game in the PBA Philippine Cup against Columbian.Cabagnot said on Sunday that his left hamstring has been bothering him for a couple of weeks and it only got worse in the Beermen’s 124-118 loss to the Dyip on Friday.ADVERTISEMENT “I hurt my hamstring last game when I dove on the floor but we were trying to catch up so you have to try anything to win the game,” said Cabagnot after the Beermen’s recent 99-91 win over Barangay Ginebra at Smart Araneta Coliseum.“Whatever happens I just did what I had to do and the worst consequence was I hurt my hamstring and that has been bothering me for the past two weeks, hopefully and God willing I’ll be back soon.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsCabagnot sat out the game against the Gin Kings in what he described as a great bounce back win for the Beermen.The 36-year-old Cabagnot didn’t sit with the team on the bench and instead joined the team officials a little further up behind the Beermen to better get a view of the action. US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants MOST READ PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town View commentslast_img read more