Log in with your social account Facebook Linkedin Forgot Password ? Amid criticism aimed at the government for its lack of transparency in handling the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), community groups have moved to take the initiative to raise awareness and tackle misinformation among the public. On March 1, a community of volunteers came together to create an initiative called KawalCOVID-19, to “safeguard issues surrounding COVID-19”. They created an official account on twitter @KawalCovid-19 and in just a week the account had already attracted around 35,000 followers. It was launched a day before President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo announced the first two positive COVID-19 cases in the country.The group took the initiative on the grounds of concerns about the confusion circulating on social media and messenger services among the public regarding the fast-spreading respiratory illness.Through its digital platfo… coronavirus COVID-19 LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Topics : Google
While factories in China gradually restarted operations after lengthy shutdowns and a fall in virus cases allowed the country to start relaxing travel restrictions, activity in South Korea shrank at its fastest pace in 11 years as many of its trading partners imposed dramatic measures to curb the virus’ spread.”If you look at the Korean numbers, they’re fairly bad … They’re likely to get worse still because Korea will be dependent on parts from Europe and the United States,” said Rob Carnell, Asia-Pacific chief economist at ING in Singapore.”[Policymakers] have to accept the inevitable that there is a massive global pandemic here, there is an outbreak in almost every country globally and certainly in our region, which is getting to levels that if they don’t take very dramatic action, it’s going to get much worse,” he said.Japan’s factory activity contracted at the fastest pace in about a decade in March, adding to views that the world’s third-largest economy is likely already in recession. A separate “tankan” survey by the Bank of Japan showed on Wednesday that business sentiment soured to a seven-year low in the three months to March, as the outbreak hit sectors from hotels to carmakers.”The tankan clearly shows a sharp deterioration in business sentiment and confirms the economy is already in recession,” said Yasunari Ueno, chief market economist at Mizuho Securities.China’s Caixin/Markit Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) rose to 50.1 last month, from February’s record low of 40.3, and just a notch above the 50-mark that separates growth from contraction.South Korea’s IHS Markit PMI plunged to 44.2, its lowest since January 2009 when the economy was reeling from the global financial crisis. The index was 48.7 in February.Japan’s PMI fell to a seasonally adjusted 44.8 from a reading of 47.8 in February, its lowest since April 2009. The ruling coalition has called on the government to secure a stimulus package worth at least 60 trillion yen ($553 billion), with 20 trillion yen in direct spending.Policymakers across the globe, including in Asia, have announced massive monetary and fiscal stimulus measures to try to mitigate the economic fallout from the pandemic, keep cash-started businesses afloat and save jobs.But many measures have been short-gap steps to deal with the immediate damage to corporate funding and shore up financial systems.The International Monetary Fund has said the pandemic was already driving the global economy into recession, calling on countries to respond with “very massive” spending to avoid bankruptcies and emerging market debt defaults. Factory activity contracted sharply across most of Asia in March as the coronavirus pandemic paralyzed economic activity across the globe, with sharp falls in export power-houses Japan and South Korea overshadowing a modest improvement in China.Manufacturing gauges also tumbled in Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines, Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) surveys showed on Wednesday, underscoring the widening damage brought by the pandemic that has infected more than 700,000 people, upended supply chains and led to city lockdowns worldwide.China’s factory activity improved slightly more than expected in March after plunging a month earlier, a private business survey showed, but growth was marginal, highlighting the intense pressure facing businesses as domestic and export demand slumps. Topics :
Lifting the Premier League trophy without fans there to see it would be a “pretty strange” experience, Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson has said.Liverpool need just six points from their remaining nine games to win the league for the first time in 30 years but there is still no clear date on when the season will resume after it was suspended in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.Fans will not be allowed to attend games in line with the government’s protocols for the return of elite sport. “Of course it would feel different because if you win any trophy and receive it without any fans there, it would be pretty strange,” club captain Henderson told BBC Radio.”It’s still not over, we still have work to do … We want to finish as strongly as we can to make sure it is a full season.”After that, whether we win it or whatever, then (receiving) the trophy and the fans not being there … You just have to deal with it when it comes.”Clubs began training in small groups last week and will vote later on Wednesday on whether to move to the second phase of ‘Project Restart’ which would allow players to resume close-contact trainingTopics :
Arsenal have made it clear to Emery he must achieve Champions League football (Picture: Getty)Arsenal’s head of football, Raul Sanllehi, told a fans’ forum on Thursday that they’ve made it clear to Emery what his objectives are this season.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘We said to Unai that we just missed out on qualifying for the Champions League last year, but this year, with a stronger squad, we expect you to do that,’ said Sanllehi.Missing out on the Champions League for a third consecutive season is likely to take Arsenal’s losses over that period to around £100m and they can ill-afford to remain outside of Europe’s elite competition.The Gunners broke their transfer record to sign Nicolas Pepe from Lille for around £72m lats summer but the Ivorian has struggled at the Emirates.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalEmery has been backed in the transfer market and in his decisions over the long-term look of the Gunners’ squad.The Spaniard instructed the board to withdraw their contract offer to Aaron Ramsey last term and they’ve backed his decision to ostracise Mesut Ozil from the squad.The German has been left out of the last three matchday squads and the club will listen to offers for him in January.Ozil is unlikely to return to the squad after the international break, when Arsenal face Sheffield United away.MORE: Manchester United suffer another injury blow with Paul Pogba set to be sidelined until November Advertisement Comment Unai Emery has a two-year deal at Arsenal (Picture: Getty)Arsenal could decide against extending Unai Emery’s contract at the end of the season should the Gunners fail to qualify for the Champions League.The Spaniard signed a two-year deal with the club in 2018 and the Gunners have the option of extending his contract by a further 12 months.The board were satisfied with Emery’s performance during his first year in charge and feel that he was unlucky not to finish with a Champions League spot, be it via the Premier League or through the Europa League.However, having backed Emery in the summer, the club now expect Arsenal to finish in the top four and the Times claim the Spaniard could leave the club if they fail to do so.ADVERTISEMENT Unai Emery could lose Arsenal job if Gunners fail to qualify for Champions League Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 12 Oct 2019 8:51 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link5.1kShares Advertisement
Arteta’s side will play Manchester City (Picture: Getty Images)Mikel Arteta acknowledges his Arsenal side have a ‘big challenge’ ahead of them as they face Manchester City in the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup.The Gunners beat Liverpool on penalties on Thursday night to progress to the next stage of the competition, with Bernd Leno putting in a Man of the Match display.The German stopper made seven saves to keep the score at 0-0 in normal time and repeated his heroics in the shootout, saving penalties from Divock Origi and Harry Wilson. Leno was the hero in the shootout (Picture: Getty Images)Joe Willock scored the winning spot-kick as his strike wriggled under Reds ‘keeper Adrian to send the Gunners through to the next round.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTThe luck wasn’t on Arsenal’s side in the draw, however, as they face Man City in the quarters.Arteta got the better of his former mentor Pep Guardiola in the FA Cup semi-final last season, and will be looking for his side to pull off a similar performance again in the Carabao Cup.‘I was here, waiting, enjoying a little bit the victory and now we have to play Manchester City,’ Arteta told Sky Sports after the Liverpool win. ‘It is what it is, there are some top teams now in the competition. Another big challenge and we will get prepared for that.‘We want to take every competition as an opportunity to win a trophy and we have to do that with the club that we represent and we will try to go game by game.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalReacting to Arsenal’s draw, former Liverpool midfielder Jamie Redknapp admitted that while Arteta won’t be best pleased with matching up against Man City, he will have faith in his much-improved Gunners side to get the job done.‘There’s a belief, the squad is together, everyone seems to be buying into what he wants and you can see that everyone’s playing for him,’ Redknapp told Sky Sports.‘They know what they’re trying to do. You can also see he’s working with the players on the training pitch because it’s coming off.‘He won’t be delighted with that draw, but he’ll know he’s capable of doing it because they’ve won so many big games recently.’MORE: Arsenal finally agree deal with Atletico Madrid over Lucas Torreira loan moveMORE: Arsenal ready another bid for Houssem Aouar as Lyon star pushes for moveFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and InstagramFor more stories like this, check our sport page Metro Sport ReporterThursday 1 Oct 2020 10:59 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link4.4kShares Advertisement Comment Advertisement Mikel Arteta reacts to Arsenal drawing Manchester City in Carabao Cup quarter-final after Liverpool victory
Read Also: Leicester defender wants to join Chelsea this summerThe experienced goalkeeper played 10 times for the club but was criticised for his performances – his run in the team followed an injury to Łukasz Fabiański – and he was eventually replaced by third-choice David Martin.He subsequently joined Alaves for the second half of the season in Spain and made nine appearances before his loan deal expired this summer.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 It follows on from a report in Diario AS that Atleti’s Antonio Adan is close to joining Portuguese giants Sporting CP this summer and the club are now looking for a replacement. Roberto joined the Hammers on a two-year deal last summer having previously been a deputy at Espanyol, but he failed to impress during his stint in East London. Loading… Atletico Madrid have a three-man shortlist for a new back-up goalkeeper to Jan Oblak with West Ham United’s Roberto Jimenez listed. The details are outlined on the front page of Wednesday’s edition of Diario AS, which claims the 33-year-old is an option for Los Rojiblancos alongside Olympiakos goalkeeper Jose Sa and Eibar’s Marko Dmitrovic.Advertisement Promoted ContentBest Car Manufacturers In The World8 Shows That Overstayed Their WelcomeBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayTop 6 Iconic Supercar MoviesTop 10 Most Costly Liquids In The World7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes
SHAWANO, Wis. (July 25) – Two streaks continued Saturday at Shawano Speedway.Travis Van Straten raced to his 10th consecutive IMCA Sunoco Stock Car victory, taking the checkers in front of Dan Michonski for the fourth straight week. Dustin Loberger was third.Marcus Yarie led the final two circuits in topping the Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modified main event ahead of Jerry Wilinski and Mitch Stankowski.The IMCA Sport Mods began with Tyler Thiex leading the pack to the line. Brandon Nygaard would grab the lead on lap one and pace the field for the first few laps until Thiex took the spot on lap four. The lead was short lived as Jordan Barkholtz took the top spot on lap six and would show the way until lap 11 whenWyatt Block caught up with Jordan Barkholtz and battled for a few laps before Block broke away and cruised to an easy Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod win. Barkholtz held onto second and Jason Jach made his way up to third.New members inducted into the Shawano Speedway Hall of Fame during intermission were J.J. Smith and Chuck Buckbee.
May 10, 2019 Police Blotter051019 Decatur County EMS Report 051019 Decatur County Fire Report 051019 Decatur County Jail Report 051019 Decatur County Law Report 051019 Batesville Police Blotter
Kolkata: The boys from Jammu & Kashmir are sweating it out at the Moti Bagh ground in Baroda as they prepare for the upcoming domestic season of the Board of Control for Cricket in India. Till a couple of days back, they weren’t even sure what the future had planned for them. After all, it wasn’t any normal time in the life of these cricketers from the Valley.The abrogation of Article 370 by the Indian government and the advisory before that saw the boys being asked to leave the state. There was a month of inactivity from early August till the start of September when the players did not have a place to stay. It was then that mentor Irfan Pathan spoke to officials of the Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association, including CEO Ashiq Ali Bukhari and planned to give advertisements on television which drew the Kashmiri players to report to the JKCA office in Jammu.”The plan worked after we put out the advertisement in late August. Then we decided to bring them to Baroda and hold a camp before the Vijay Hazare Trophy,” Irfan told IANS.Due to the curfew in many parts of the valley after the state got special status, the players could not be contacted and it was then that Bukhari and administrator C.K. Prasad finally met in Delhi to create a solution.The camp has been underway from August 6 at Baroda under the watchful eyes of Irfan but to come this far, it was nothing short of a struggle. First, the JKCA had to stay away from the Vizzy Trophy after it failed to connect with the players due to a communication breakdown in the valley.”We had started the camp in mid-June and we had made good progress. When the camp got called off in early August, it was time for the matches and training. We know that we are running behind time but we needed to find a way to make sure boys stay in a good frame of mind to play a certain level of cricket,” Irfan said highlighting the problem they faced in the lead up to the Vijay Hazare Trophy which begins on September 24.There is only one ground in Jammu and it became impossible to practice there as other age-group players also needed to train. Usually, the team trains in Srinagar till early November and then shifts to Jammu during winters.”It is not an ideal situation. We are slightly under-prepared but we will try our best,” Irfan said after the boys — 26 of them led by captain and India international Parvez Rasool, trained for the first time in Baroda.It was a five-hour-long session with a lunch break in between but the highlight was a bonding session as Irfan stressed there will be a lot of fun games done to keep their mental health in the right space.”When I met them, they did look rusty due to lack of training. But in the next couple of weeks they will pick up hopefully,” said Irfan, who has been doing a lot of personal talk with each of the players to keep them in the zone.With preparations not being ideal, Irfan, who has played 29 Tests, 120 ODIs and 24 T20Is for India — and won the inaugural T20 World Cup in 2007, said the aim is to take one day at a time and ensure the boys perform to the best of their abilities. IANS Also Read: Would Love to Coach England One Day: Andrew FlintoffAlso Watch:Digboi MLA Suren Phukan inaugurates houses under PM Awas Yojana- Gramin
THEODORE Whitmore, head coach of Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz said that Jamaica couldn’t afford to be complacent now that the team has climbed up the latest FIFA World Rankings released on Wednesday.Coming off the back of drubbing of Antigua and Barbuda 6-0 and humbling Guyana 4-0 in the CONCACAF Nations League on September 6 and 9, respectively, the Jamaican team climbed five places to 47 in the rankings released on September 18.“This is, of course, positive for the team and the country and this is in keeping with the objectives that the players, technical staff and the Federation set at the beginning of the CONCACAF Nations League Group phase,” Coach Whitmore said.“Our wish is for it to continue to get better and I will be lobbying with the Federation to ensure that what is necessary to make this happen is indeed put in place because we do not want to get complacent.”The coach used the rise in rankings to implore fans to show their support by coming out in large numbers to the National Stadium on October 12 when Jamaica plays Aruba.“The players need to know that they have the country’s support,” he said.Meanwhile, president of the JFF, Mr Michael Ricketts also expressed satisfaction with the development and has encouraged the coach, his staff and the players to maintain focus with the immediate goal being to maintain a top-six ranking in CONCACAF over the coming months.Jamaica’s highest ever FIFA ranking occurred in 1998 when the team was ranked 27th in the world.(Sportsmax).